• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile: Black G1 now on back order until Nov 10

Sorry Flatman :eek: Trust me, I do know how you feel. Funny thing is, I checked this morning when I got to work and it had nothing in the system. Then I was looking up some stuff for work and figured "what the hell" and checked again. There it was, big as day. I just sat and stared for a few seconds at my screen. Lol

Upvote 0
I received my G1 in a package left on my doorstep on Tue Nov 4. When I called the day before, automated order status message said backordered. When I checked reference # (phone #) on UPS on the 3rd, it had no information. Now it says pkg from Louisville, KY with shipment info was input at 11:37pm (but pkg was scanned in earlier at 3:50pm) and was out for delivery 7 hours later.
Hard to believe they just left it on the porch as phones I received before required an adult signature.
Good luck to anyone still waiting...
FYI for those who don't have their G1 yet: When I ordered on Oct 23, T-Mobile rep said it was NOT on backorder and could receive it in a week, before end of Oct. *On Oct 24 - Automated order status system said, Will be shipped next bus. day. * On Oct 25 - Live person said, Oh, we just got word that the black ones are on backorder and users should expect to receive them on Nov 10.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones