• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [T-Mobile] M7 no OS - HELP please

Best day of my life. Phone booted up fine, and I'm pretty happy with Venom.

Is there anyway to get it back to stock? (Please don't hurt me for asking)

Also, is there anyway I can contribute for your time and efforts? I have used many forums to deal with issues with my network, car, and motorcycle; I've never had someone as helpful and responsive in such a short amount of time and with such clarity.

Upvote 0
Yeah, you can get it back to stock.

I actually did all of this from my phone and going by memory for my HTC lmao - and I've never taken a phone back to stock personally, and I don't own this model - so I don't know how to fully advise on that. I know the general idea because I read about it once.

You can check around this forum, I have to believe that others have done it already.

But first, a commercial - why?

With Viper you can get just a bit more performance than stock, you can use things like MyBackup Root and nandroid backups and never be screwed up like you can with stock.

One thing to note, you never want to take a carrier or HTC update directly when rooted.

Anyway, it's your choice and as I mentioned, I'm sure someone has instructions, and links to the pieces you'll need, for it here somewhere.

Thanks for the compliment, glad you got it sorted. :)

Check your inbox, I'm actually a Nigerian princess and I just need your deposit slip to make us both rich. Rotflmao

Reactions: scotty85 and KOLIO
Upvote 0
Haha.

Well either way, much appreciated.

I was just curious, I enjoy not having all the "junk" on my phone and it does run really well. I plan on keeping this Rom, but who knows what I'll do with this phone once I get back from deployment and want to buy the new Sony =o).

Oh and about the Terminal vs CMD thing, my buddies know about as much about computers as I do... squat!

Upvote 0
Ah, I'm in Kuwait. Working a desk job, safer here than most inner cities. I also got to check out Jordan for a couple months, amazing... and eventually trying to get a little vacay in Thailand. Couldn't be more cake.

Thanks for an awesome introduction/ first impression to this forum. Makes me want to root by Samsung too (S3... yea I'm behind times).

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones