• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help T589R vs T589

canoo

Lurker
May 9, 2012
Hello,

I have a Canadian (Rogers) T589R "Galaxy Q". I know it is basically identical to the American (T-Mobile) T589 "Gravity Smart" except for a different radio (T-Mobile = AWS, Rogers = GSM). The digitizer on my T589R is cracked and I can't seem to find any replacement parts for it. I've found lots of digitizers for the T589 though.

I was hoping on the off chance that someone here might know whether or not these digitizers are interchangeable? (fingers crossed)

Cheers!

Well, good news--the T589 and T589R both use the same digitizer driver, which means the actual screen is probably identical between the two. I think you should be pretty safe using the T589 part with the T589R. Keep in mind that there's no accounting for actual physical differences between the two circuitboards, so YMMV.

TL;DR: as long as the part physically fits, it should work like a champ.

Good luck!

Reactions: canoo
Upvote 0
Well, good news--the T589 and T589R both use the same digitizer driver, which means the actual screen is probably identical between the two.
Thanks so much! The part is only $20 so not a huge loss if it wont fit. Worth a shot though!

I will post back here once I've tried it for future reference if anyone else google's the same thing.

Cheers!

PS: This is the disassembly video I'm planning to work off of if anyones curious:
Samsung T589 / Galaxy Q / Gravity Rebuild - YouTube

Reactions: srjvargas
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones