• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tab2 7.0 won't reboot after hard reset

Sheumais

Lurker
Dec 25, 2014
First post. Tried searching for the desired info, to no avail. Braving any potential flame spray and asking anyway. Besides... this may entertain you.

I have a P3113 that I had on me when I was caught in a rain storm. I was wearing a rain coat, and the tab was in one of the pockets. The pocket was zipped closed, so I thought hte tab would be safe. It wasn't.
I did the regular stuff of turning it completely off right away, then put it in a bag full of rice for about 16 hours or so. When I tried to restart it, no dice. About a day later, it did turn on. It stayed on for about an hour letting me play Fruit Ninja. Then it shut itself down on low battery. I couldn't get it to charge at all during this period. I left it on the charger over night... didn't charge. At that point, I sort of wrote it off, but didn't pitch it.

Fast forward about 2 years. I get bored one night, pop the back off and wire the outermost wires to a freshly charged 3.7V battery from an OG Droid phone. Hit the power button... and it booted up!
While it was running, it wouldn't get very good WiFi, even sitting next to my router. It wouldn't open the Play Store app, and when I managed to log into Play through the browser, Play wouldn't recognize the device. That kept me from being able to download any app updates or any new apps.
Then the machine started running v e r y s l o w. At that point, I decided to throw caution to the wind (I did, afterall write this thing off about 2 years ago) and do a factory reset.
Now, when I have the device in recovery mode, and I tell it to reboot, it will shut off and never turn back on. If I manually power on with the power button, it starts up in recovery mode.
The device isn't rooted. I have now update files to load. It won't see any of the ROM ZIPs on the SD card, factory reset was completed and I did the wipe cache thing. I also can't find the cable for it to save my life.

Anyone have any idea at all how to recover this thing? I'm only curious if I can get it running just to play games. I plan on getting a Tab 4 8.0 in March.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones