• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Team Astr4y4L is back...

LoL :)
I like your sense of humor my friend.

Yeah They do that quite a bit if you have auto-updates enabled. LoL

if it's not bugging out I'd not worry about it.
but if it does get weird
I'd recommend to clear the cache

since it's just had a Major software version update.

LoL
Astr4y4L
I just put it in safe mode too, I have CCleaner to clean out the cache :)

Now I am wondering why the battery drains quick ...

Upvote 0
I just put it in safe mode too, I have CCleaner to clean out the cache :)

Now I am wondering why the battery drains quick ...

Most likely because of the fact the hardware platform was mostly put together for a different software /firmware...

Hence the upgrade...

of course could be you should check for signs of batterybloat (the physical ballooning of the battery it's self) that can be a sign to replace a faulty batt.

Upvote 0
Most likely because of the fact the hardware platform was mostly put together for a different software /firmware...

Hence the upgrade...

of course could be you should check for signs of batterybloat (the physical ballooning of the battery it's self) that can be a sign to replace a faulty batt.

Ah..

Thanks.. What is batterybloat?

Upvote 0
Ah..

Thanks.. What is batterybloat?
batterybloat (the physical ballooning of the battery it's self)

EdIT <--
that happens sometimes with devices that have been running for a year or so, and with ones that got too hot.

Upvote 0
Even getting a new phone, could they still swamp out the batteries of like my old moto?

I doubt it.
if it's a new phone, if you bought from a REAL retailer at a retail store...I'm sure that no one swapped on you, but they don't pack the boxes of phones in an air-conditioned truck either when they leave the OEM. so if anytime in it's lifetime it got too hot, could kill you batt performance.
also check that your using a good charger.

and if you look closely and see that your charger says
output
5V 250MA

or something other than

5V 1amp
i'd say maybe look into a little upgrade on the actual charger it's self.

these OEM's don't want to spend much to give you a good charger even on a 300 dollar device. It's a shame really.
though most samsung chargers I've had were good, 1 amp or even 1.5 amp

hope something I've said helps or at the least points you closer to a solution.

Astr4y4L
Team_Astr4y4L

Upvote 0
I doubt it.
if it's a new phone, if you bought from a REAL retailer at a retail store...I'm sure that no one swapped on you, but they don't pack the boxes of phones in an air-conditioned truck either when they leave the OEM. so if anytime in it's lifetime it got too hot, could kill you batt performance.
also check that your using a good charger.

and if you look closely and see that your charger says
output
5V 250MA

or something other than

5V 1amp
i'd say maybe look into a little upgrade on the actual charger it's self.

these OEM's don't want to spend much to give you a good charger even on a 300 dollar device. It's a shame really.
though most samsung chargers I've had were good, 1 amp or even 1.5 amp

hope something I've said helps or at the least points you closer to a solution.

Astr4y4L
Team_Astr4y4L
Thank you :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones