• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Temporarily disable vibrate during a call

I have a Droid Incredible. I have the phone set for Ring and Vibrate for incoming calls, texts and emails.

When I get a text or email during a call it vibrates and annoys the people on the other end pretty bad.
I wanted to see if there is a way for my phone to NOT vibrate while I'm on a call while not having to actually go in everytime and manually turn off vibrate before and after calls.
Something like a setting (or if there is even an app) that when I am on a call the phone will not vibrate during the call but when I'm done with the call it will resume back to ring and vibe.

The people on the other end hate hearing the buzz in their ear when I get an incoming email or text while we are talking. Guess it's more irritating to them than to me.

Thanks in advance....

After being driven insane by this for over a year on my HTC Incredible, I finally made an app myself that addresses exactly this problem: Kill The Duck (named in honor of the rabid duck quacking that it sounds like to the other caller when this happens).

All the app does is monitor your call state: when your on a call, it disables vibrate notifications. When you hang up, it sets them back to their previous setting. That's it - nothing else to mess with.

Tasker and Handcent are both awesome apps, so if you think you'll ever want all of the additional capability that they provide, then definitely go with them - but if you're like me and just want something that will work and that you can forget about, Kill The Duck is it :)

/shameless self-promotion

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones