• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Temporary Files and SD Card

Berry2Droid

Android Enthusiast
Nov 17, 2009
NJ
First off, how do you format your SD card in FAT32(i think thats what it is) from the phone. When I goto SD card and storage under menu and unmount and hit format sd card, will that automatically format it in FAT32?Or is there another way?

Also, while in there I noticed I have used 14gb of my sd card. Impossible, I have 100songs and maybe 100pictures/videos. My apps arent saved to my SD card, just backed up, and thats another 100apps maybe. I feel theres no way I could have used 14gigs. Im thinking theres too much temp files crap on my card. This 16gb card came from my moto droid and was never formatted, so im thinking theres still alot of temp crap from my moto in there too? I dont know what I can and cant delete without messing with system files. Furthermore I dont know what systemfiles may be from my Moto.

Im thinking ill just take my picture off and reformat completely. But i want to format the card in FAT32 so I can unroot and get official 2.2

Thanks in advance for any help.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones