• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tennis game for Android?

Hello people

I have developed a PC tennis game that's called Full Ace tennis simulator (can't post the link, please google it).
I am currently considering porting this game to smartphones (I have several ideas for an interesting touchscreen gameplay). I thought people in this thread could tell me if they think it's worth doing it or not, and what you would be willing to pay for a tennis game app.
Please let me know what you think.

I would definitely be willing to pay for a sim style tennis game for Android. I love tennis and tennis video games, but the options out there for android and iphone I find to be very mindless.

Upvote 0
Gachinko Tennis is the best tennis game for Android. You can find it here: https://market.android.com/details?id=jp.mapp.tennise&feature=search_result

I tried Crosscourt and I find that autorun makes the game too easy and turning it off just makes it way too hard. The gestures for running have to be made before you make the gestures for hitting.

With Gachinko, you have a control pad for movement and two buttons for hitting. It makes for a more natural way to control the game. At least, it's more natural for me. I'm used to a joystick on one side and buttons on the other.

Gachinko also has a number of different serves you can choose from. Each subsequent computer opponent is progressively harder and each has a different style of play as well. My only criticism is that some of the serves that the computer player makes seem impossible as they seem to bounce in a totally different direction as you expect.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones