• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Terrible vibrate!

I missed alot of email notification while it was in the case on my waist. I do not even feel any vibrate even though it will not vibrate alert in every new email notification. It is very short one beep vibrate and thats it.

They should set up a long vibrate for every every every new email notification !

Imagine...they did not set up email notification for pop3. It is only for gmail which i noticed the email notification. Sucks!

Man I'm glad it's not just me!

I recently migrated from the Dash to the G1 and have noticed that the vibrate function is WAY to subtle. I work in an office so keep my phone on vibrate and in a case on my belt. (The same case in fact that my Dash was in) When I had my Dash my teeth would pretty much chatter every time the phone would ring, but with the G1 I have missed every single call that has come in as I haven't felt the vibration.

I noticed that the vibrate is the same as when you long press the phone so this possibly could be a setting thing? I know with my Dash, different notifications had different vibrate settings. For example the ring was a long and jarring vibrate compared to an SMS or email which was just a little pulse. I really hope this isn't a hardware challenge and can be remedied by code as my coworkers are already getting sick of my "If Heaven Ain't A Lot Like Dixie" ring tone... :cool:

Hope there is an eventual solution to this!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones