• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Test-users for jump and run game

maxl

Lurker
Jan 19, 2011
Hi there!

I am developing a jump and run game for android and I feel like it's ready to receive first feedback from users.
I am developing on a Samsung Galaxy S, but also tested it on several other emulated phones like the NexusOne and the TMobileG1, all worked fine so far.
The first three levels are playable and are - except for some polish - finished.
Please test them out and report anything you think shouldn't be the way it is. I am especially interested in frame-rates (in the top left corner) and if the game works on different screen-sizes. Of course, gameplay related comments are very much appreciated as well. :) I attached the .apk and two screenshots so you can get a first glance of how it looks like. Unfortunately, I needed to scale them.

You should be able to control the game with the on-screen buttons. As an alternative for users with a d-pad and a keyboard, you can use that and the 'A'-key for shooting. Please tell me if at least one of these two options work for you. If not, please state why and how you would like to control the character instead.

Have fun and please tell me what you think! I hope it works... ;-)

Attachments

• ingame.png
    ingame.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 44
  • levelselect.png
    levelselect.png
    24 KB · Views: 34
  • StarWarrior.apk
    471.5 KB · Views: 39

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones