• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Tethering Bluetooth?

I just bought an ARCHOS 101 tablet that is WiFi only. When I'm not in a WiFi area I would love to tether it to my phone and use the 3G data plan I'm already paying for. If anyone has a solution without rooting my phone I'm all ears. Worst case I guess I could try my hand at rooting the phone if that will work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Upvote 0
I just bought an ARCHOS 101 tablet that is WiFi only. When I'm not in a WiFi area I would love to tether it to my phone and use the 3G data plan I'm already paying for. If anyone has a solution without rooting my phone I'm all ears. Worst case I guess I could try my hand at rooting the phone if that will work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Yeah, theres no way to do it w/o rooting. Not over wifi. PDANet can do it over USB without root, but not wifi.

Upvote 0
Thanks.
Aw man take the plunge... it couldnt be easier http://androidforums.com/ally-all-things-root/250670-z4root.html

And if you dont like it.... it will unroot you just as fast.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones