• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tethering Thrive to my Htc Evo

You could use PDANet Tablet. The app runs on your phone and on the tablet. It uses a BT connection so it's not superfast and is not always 100% reliable, but yesterday i used it for about 30 minutes to track a family members flight via flight aware. I stayed connected the whole time. Your phone uses the app as "The Server" then the tablet requires you to enter some proxy settings which it gives you. You MUST remember to go back in after you are done and clear the proxy settings so the regular wifi will work. ANywho you may want to check it out.

Upvote 0
I installed PDA.net Tablet on my rooted Evo as server turned on BT and made it discoverable,on Tablet as client made hostname 127.0.0.1 port 1234 as suggested.
I get an error message: Fail to connect, make sure Pdanet Bluetooth is enabled on phone side.
Do you have any tips?
Thanks,
Glenn

Upvote 0
Aug your EVO is rooted. You should be able to download a wireless tether app (for rooted) from the market and use it that way. Basiclly using the hotspot feature without paying for the monthly hotspot fee. Doing it in that manner would in theory be faster than via BT (i.e. PDANet). However, if you still wanna give PDANet a whirl, then to fix your issue you should pair and connect the phone and tablet via regular BT first. Then reset up the server and tablet. Then scan for devices on the tablet. You should then be able to select your phone and get connect. Like I said before it's not always perfect.

Upvote 0
wireless_tether_2_0_7.apk 401 KB

chart

Description:
SHA1 Checksum: 087ed69458fd6a959ab490c8d390f3b5e4eb370 What's this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones