• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help tethering

Android Enthusiast
Apr 17, 2010
hey guys,
can someone plz help me out here.
plz advise whether there is a way to use my mobile internet, through wifi hotspot, in my laptop. i am on 3UK. when i try to wifi tether the 3G servive on my cell and use it on my laptop, some kind of page opens up from 3UK saying its not possible.
is there a way to get around this issue.
thank you.

I'm assuming that you're not on one of Three's "One Plan" tariffs, as they allow tethering by default. Other Pay Monthly plans require purchasing an Add-On to enable tethering. It's prohibited on all PAYG tariffs. Details here.

Bear in mind that breaching Three's TOS may, if discovered, result in your contract being terminated. That's up to you, but AF takes no responsibility for any consequences arising from a member's actions. :)

Upvote 0
Just checked the link. I guess it's not possible for me thn.
I am on a pay monthly contract. With the unlimited Internet add on taken.
I was wondering whether there are any apps or methods to bypass this. Since you could achieve lots of stuff through rooting. Just wanted to know whether this was one among them.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones