Text message contact on 2.1v3General

Last Updated:

1. tgulch22

tgulch22 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so i just updated my eris from 1.5 to 2.1v3. Something I noticed today is when I went to compose a new text message when i go to the list of contacts, it has EVERY single person who I am friends with on facebook's phone number listed for me to send a text message to. Even people who I do not have in my contact list. I am not complaining about this, I kinda like it. But What I want is to get all those people on facebook into my contact list with name and number and email address. Obviously the phone gets the facebook friends names and numbers, how do I put them on my regular phone contact list.

Also, I have had a battery issue since I updated. I go to about phone>Battery>Battery use and I have the camera listed at 92%. I click on it and it has no details for it at all. It just seems that if I use the camera at all it comes up at 90-92% and stays there until i restart the phone. Any ideas on that?

Advertisement
  2. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member

I just learned how to stop the camera from running when not in use.
    menu-setting-applications-Running Services.

3. tgulch22

I tried that..the camera is not listed...but it is listed in the battery use saying its using 92%

4. Bishop

Bishop Well-Known Member

Damnit, I failed again!:(

5. jearl75

jearl75 Well-Known Member

Try doing a factory reset and re-flashing, might work for you

EDIT: Make sure you remove the PB00IMG file from your sd card if you haven't already, then do the factory reset and re-flash

6. tgulch22

no one has any idea how to do the facebook contacts into my phone contacts...I was shocked when I saw them in my list of contacts to pick from in handcent...

7. smacky

smacky Banned

Use an app like MyBackUp PRo and it will back up all the contacts, Facebook ones included. Clear your contacts and reinstall them all back. Make a csv file and upload it to GMail so they'll be in your email contacts as well.

For the camera, you need to use a task killer to end it. I don't care what people say about task killers, this is where you need them.

8. tgulch22

I'll try that..I was honestly hoping it was going to be a simple, merge facebook friends with contact list or something...but alas i guess not.

And I had major problems on my phone when I was a noob and put ATK on first thing out of the box. I dont like task killers, but if there is no other way then of course i will have to use it. Maybe this is something OTD could weigh in on. She deems the most versed on the TK's

9. Brians0717

Brians0717 Member

actually you can. Go to your contacts (aka People) and hit Menu > View> then Check Facebook. and it will add them all to your contacts as well

10. tgulch22

11. tgulch22

Ok found and fixed my problem with this one. The 2.1 camera allows for GPS to location stamp your pictures. Well I had this turned on, so as soon as I started the camera obviously the GPS started up and must have stayed active (yes I already have it set to always be on anyways) but it must have held my camera app open and running in the background. Or something...all I know is I disabled the location stamp and the 92% went away.