Text message sig questionSupport

Last Updated:

1. RoryTate

RoryTate Member

Hi.

A while ago I was fiddling around with some messaging settings and I set it to add a signature (my name) to each text message I send. I now want to turn off the signature but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it.

I've searched online and even posted to Yahoo Answers but all the info I get is regarding email sigs, not text message sigs.

If it helps, I'm using the default messaging system that came with my Galaxy S2 LTE/Skyrocket here in Canada with Roger's.

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

Bring up your messaging app and go into settings. Click on the signatures check box and deselect it. That's it :)
  3. RoryTate

RoryTate Member

One would think it'd be that simple, but my messaging app doesn't have such a check box. Lots of options for SMS, MMS, push notifications, etc, but nothing about a signature.
  4. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

Can you posy a screenshot of your settings possibly? And your sure its the default android messaging app right?
  5. RoryTate

RoryTate Member

Yes, it is the default messaging app that came with the phone.

Here are screenshots of the extensive setting menu (sorry they're so huge, couldn't figure out how to resize them):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And my homescreen with the messaging icon. (Included also because of the cool date and time the screen capture was taken!)

[​IMG]
  6. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

have you installed a 3rd part app to handle texts? i understand that your using stock but it seems to set it (or unset it) you need an app like handcent or chompsms etc...
  7. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

another thing if you are in the app itself, composing a text, hit the menu button and see if any options come up?
    RoryTate likes this.
  8. RoryTate

RoryTate Member

Just to close this topic, it turns out that the text message sig was a setting with my account with my carrier, not on the phone itself. I was able to go into my Rogers account settings and turn off the sig.