• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text message sig question

Hi.

A while ago I was fiddling around with some messaging settings and I set it to add a signature (my name) to each text message I send. I now want to turn off the signature but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it.

I've searched online and even posted to Yahoo Answers but all the info I get is regarding email sigs, not text message sigs.

If it helps, I'm using the default messaging system that came with my Galaxy S2 LTE/Skyrocket here in Canada with Roger's.

Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Can you posy a screenshot of your settings possibly? And your sure its the default android messaging app right?

Yes, it is the default messaging app that came with the phone.

Here are screenshots of the extensive setting menu (sorry they're so huge, couldn't figure out how to resize them):

SC20121211-221006.png

SC20121211-221051.png

SC20121211-221207.png

SC20121211-221219.png

And my homescreen with the messaging icon. (Included also because of the cool date and time the screen capture was taken!)

SC20121212-121237.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones