• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text Messages Disappearing

mine lost all my messages this morning and I'm pretty upset about it.
Messages were there when I woke up as I sent a message to a friend.
when he replied, I went to check it and there were NO messages at all.

what program are you guys using to back up to gmail?
phone is not rooted, no new apps installed, running 2.2

Upvote 0
yes, I don't quite understand where Handcent stores the stored messages list.
I've uninstalled it before and gone through and wiped out every trace I could find for handcent and when I reinstall, the text messages comes back?
But then I installed Chomp and it started with a clean slate and started its own list. I later went back to Handcent and reinstalled and no longer had the lag I had immediately after the 2.2 release so I'm still running it now.... have never had it delete my text messages though.

My point being.... unless someone knows where this list is kept and stored, its hard to know if another app is interfering with it or deleting it.

Upvote 0
Well, my phone randomly deleted my text messages. And yes I've searched and read most threads about the randomly deleted ones. My limit was set to 5000 and delete old messages was unchecked. My question is if I use a file recovery to go into both the phone or sd card, would there be a file that i can use to restore them? Or are they gone? If they are truly gone, Oh well...no biggie.

Upvote 0
Does anyone have a fix for this problem yet?

I've had it happen to me about 3-4 times after the update to 2.1 months ago. It happened to me the most often when I completely turned off the phone for a bump charge. When I turned the Inc back on, all my texts would be gone. But today, I was texting friends all morning, was making lunch plans, and then when I went to check a new message that I saw on the unlock screen, they just all disappeared.

This sucks!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones