• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thanks to everyone!

I still want to love this OS, ever since losing my zune HD ive been tempted to pick up a WP7 no contract and just run it on wifi for game and the zune feature. although im worried is it true zune software or is it different from the zune HD's?

Never used a zune so I'm not sure. Sorry

It's nice to see people being nice in this thread. I posted a similar one when leaving precentral and just about got crucified. It seems people had been learning etiquette from the school of crackberry. Good luck with WP7, there's a lot I like about it, and just keep in mind a pretty major update is supposed to be coming in January that will help prune that con list down. It still won't be open like android but it is what it is.

I hope you didn't go in there praising your new phone saying how much better it will be, because I think that may have had something to do with it. I actually am glad I found this forum since in a short amount of time learned so much about my Incredible. Besides it's without waste since 5 of my buddys have moto droids and incredibles.

It seems to have way too many negatives!!! I hope the battery life is better since you don't do as much on it! lol

I still have to charge it during the day but I play at least an hours worth of gaming spread out, before I have to recharge it.

It looked very single minded... one track... down one road...then go back.. go different road. In other words, you can not do what you want. you are stuck in a track. Not flexible. Looks very simple presentation...with lots of animation to wow you.

Very true, when it comes to gaming, everyone, even people with Incredibles are wow'd at how amazing and fluid the games move. But that is dragged down by the one app minded OS. You're right though, it seems like you can't multi-task very easily. For example, switching between an email and IE is very cumbersome, email app always opens up to the inbox instead of the last message I was viewing.

Upvote 0
i'd be interested to hear how win7 is... if it's not too much trouble you should stop back by in a few weeks and give us an android and windows phone 7 comparison! :D

Yea i'm interested in it as well. But just to see how it is, i came from winmo and i'm android all the way (FTW!!)
When Big V gets some i will go to store and play with one but that is all. I'm sticking with my incredible until contract is up AND verizon actually releases a android phone that isn't also a bing phone!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones