• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The choice of two kernels?

LcsZhDrw

Lurker
Aug 11, 2014
I am deciding between two kernels to work with the Paranoid Android 4.4 ROM.

Between franco.Kernel and Hells Doctor Kernel with T.A.R.D.I.S mod, based off of HellsCore Kernel. Both are easy to find when searched if you never heard of it (new user by the way).

When it comes to battery life, these two are pretty good when I tweak their values for battery.

I would need your opinion (if you used their kernels) on your preference. If you would like, you can share the values you tweaked in the kernel using a kernel manager app like TricksterMOD, etc. (IF you did tweak it)

Or you can suggest another kernel that you think is very good for battery life.

For both cases, you can also share the amount of screen-on time you've been getting with that particular kernel.

Hope I'm not asking for too much. I can never find a good battery solution.

It's been a while since I used Franco's kernel, but I don't recall ever getting very good battery life out of it. It may be that I didn't spend enough time trying to tweak it, but I found Faux's kernel to give much better battery life out of the box.

I used Hell's Doctor for a few months and was generally pleased with it. I was using Synapse and the UKM script to manage it with positive results.

I eventually reverted back to Faux a few days ago though. I find it to have better stability, and I also like the per-app settings that I can get through the FauxClock app.

It's not heavy on details, but I hope this info helps a bit :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones