1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

The dreaded "Inconsistent UID" bug!!

1. plnelson

plnelson Well-Known Member

My Droid Incredible (stock, not rooted, 2.3.4) has been flaky the last few days - crashing, rebooting - and this morning I got the dreaded

"UID's on the system are inconsistent. You need to wipe your data partition or your device will be unstable"

plus a button that says

"I'm feeling Lucky
    "

Googling this gets over 157,000 hits and on every model and maker you can think of. Most of them seem to end in resetting to factory defaults, so I did that. Now I have to reconfigure my whole phone although I don't know if I'll bother because I'm getting a new phone anyway.

But WHAT IS THIS? What caused it and how do I prevent it?

I've been Googling for over an hour and I have no clue. Some people think it's malware but I haven't loaded any new apps in months. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement