• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root The easiest way to root your Android for gingerbread! :)

Ok, so turn off your device and reboot in the recovery mode. Do so by holding the home button, the lower volume button and the button you usually press to boot your phone. There is also a button in ROM Manager to do so.

This step is giving me some problem for some reason. I followed the instructions carefully up that point many times, but when I reboot in recovery mod the phone just ends up booting normally and it's as if I was booting it for the first time (Language selection, settings, etc).

I've also tried doing manually (buttons combo), but that only reboots the phone normally without any settings being wiped.

I don't know if someone could give me some help on how to reach the recovery mode menu, but that would be appreciated a lot !

Upvote 0
I've already tried flashing/booting from rom manager and that wouldn't work either.
I didn't know it could be volume up instead of down, so I might try this later !

I've also tried flashing through LGMDP (taken from another thread around here) from my computer and when I rebooted I still ended up with a stock/factory phone.

Upvote 0
I've already tried flashing/booting from rom manager and that wouldn't work either.
I didn't know it could be volume up instead of down, so I might try this later !

I've also tried flashing through LGMDP (taken from another thread around here) from my computer and when I rebooted I still ended up with a stock/factory phone.
strange lgdmp works all the time without any errors may be your flashing it wrong.
follow the method in below thread and flash again

Flash recovery from lgmdp - xda-developers

if even this fails then try amon ra recovery. instead of cwm.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones