The end is near. Maybe.

1. 3vodroid

3vodroid Well-Known Member

So I know you all have heard the rumors regarding the mayan calender ending in December of this year.

So should I quit my job, max out my credit card, load up on ammo, and steal the jeep of my dreams in hopes that December 21st is the last day of days?

I hope sprint has service in the post apocalypse. Lol

Advertisement
    :
    Stinky Stinky likes this.
  2. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

The end is near!
  3. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

If the bacon shortage does actually happen it may be a sign of the end days......at least for me. :D
    3vodroid likes this.
  4. StarScream2109

StarScream2109 Well-Known Member Developer

It will definitely be he end if there is no Bacon!
  5. Hadron

Hadron Well-Known Member Contributor

6. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Life isn't worth living without bacon!
  7. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

8. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

Sprint wouldn't exist post-apoc. Neither would any of the mobile providers. Mobile phones would be a thing of the past, but if you are looking forward to planning for this supposed 'end of the world' - you can gimme your LTEvo. :D
    3vodroid likes this.
  9. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

ocnbrze likes this.
  10. 3vodroid

Lmao!
  11. 3vodroid

All this bacon talk is making me hungry!
  12. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

Stocked up on bacon and currently watching 2012, I'm ready! :cool:

Sent From My HTC Evo 3D Using TapaTalk 2
    3vodroid likes this.
  13. chris4x4

chris4x4 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone has stopped to think, that the guy making the calendar figured he had enough years covered so he decided to stop and go have a beer with his buddies.

That being said, I want some bacon
  14. 3vodroid

In all seriousness I am just worried about how all the nuts will act once we get closer. If anything we will destroy ourselves. Hopefully people have sense not to go crazy. But you never know.
  15. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

I doubt it will be any worse than the whole Y2K thing.
    ocnbrze likes this.
  16. DragonSlayer95

Thing about dooms day via mayan calendar, through all the years I heard the leap year was never included, there for "dooms day" is actually a long way away :)

17. 3vodroid

Good point.
  18. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

Actually, because leap year wasn't included in that Mayan prediction, we are already well past the end of the Mayan calender. Anyways, the end of the Mayan calender was never the end of the world, just the restart of the calender, kind of like going from December 31 to January 1, just on a lot longer timeline, lol!
  19. !on

!on Well-Known Member

The "end" is actually a series of "ends" like the ramps on a ratchet cog. "It's nearly the end, here it comes... oh". And so on ;) .
    ocnbrze and 3vodroid like this.
  20. DragonSlayer95

Oops had it backwards you know what I meant though lol

21. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

When the end does come I doubt any of us will know about it in advance or afterward.
    3vodroid likes this.
  22. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

It will be interesting. I read that law officers stopped the sacrifice of a young girl when Halley's comet came in 1910. They had comet dust, masks, elixirs just for safeguards.

OTOH - that man that keeps predicting the end of the world has been wrong about 3 times already.

Harold Camping Predicts End of the World, Again - ABC News

All this making us cry wolf too many times to care?
  23. Granite1

Granite1 Zercron Encrusted Tweezer Moderator

The guy who predicts the end of the world, and it's based on Bacon shortages causing thermonuclear warfare, may be pretty close to the mark. I mean seriously, wars have been fought over far less.

What were we talking about again?
  24. Satires

Satires Well-Known Member

I sincerely pray this calendar is correct! I beg to see the apocalypse! This world needs to be reformed. Even if I personally don't survive.

We need a world of love and not greed.

A world of education and pupils whom take their teachings to heart.

A world that lacks greed and hate, dysfunction and confusion, money and stock markets...

I say, let's go back to the old skool like the settlers and REALLY see what life is about when we have to live off of the land and hunt our food, bust @ss to gather firewood for winter. To once again become one with our mother, nature...

And people wonded why I'm suicidal ....

I love and use technology, yet, it never brings me peace and only serves to leave me feeling invaded and hollow at the end of the day.

I say...

BRING IT!
  25. Bob Maxey

Bob Maxey Well-Known Member

I had to work hard due to the Y2K BS. I had to verify and check and adjust and diddle with hundreds of computers looking for I forget what. Adding to the crap was the need to ferret of all illegal copies of MS Office, installed on any employee's PC.

We had hundreds of Office users who installed the program from the network. We did not have a site license.