• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Official Huawei Mercury Dumb Questions Thread

I lost my Hauwei Mercury last night when I was hanging out with some friends. I tried downloading Plan B and another locate phone app but still haven't received any notices. The problem I think is that the battery died because the battery was low when I last remembered having it and also it no longer has a mobile data connection due to money trouble. I have text plus which is a free text app but you have to be connected to a wireless signal to text or make calls. I just don't know what else to do. Can anyone please help? Or is my phone probably gone for good?

Upvote 0
I lost my Hauwei Mercury last night when I was hanging out with some friends. I tried downloading Plan B and another locate phone app but still haven't received any notices. The problem I think is that the battery died because the battery was low when I last remembered having it and also it no longer has a mobile data connection due to money trouble. I have text plus which is a free text app but you have to be connected to a wireless signal to text or make calls. I just don't know what else to do. Can anyone please help? Or is my phone probably gone for good?
Hi, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your phone. I don't know what more you could do at this point, especially if the battery died. Maybe someone else will have an idea. Best of luck to you!

Upvote 0
So I have never had any problems with my phone, but I got a call today from cricket saying that since there are problems with the Mercury, They will send a brand new Mercury Ice to a store near me. So I said sure!

Has everyone gotten this option? She told me no fee's or anything, just the other mercury. i said yes cause hey it's new. I don't have any scratches on my phone or anything, but I like new stuff, even if it is the same (might be white?)

So does anyone have any experience with this and was it a good idea to decide to get the new mercury ice? If not, I don't have to pick it up.

Thanks

Upvote 0
got that call as well they are not going to like it when I tell them they need to replace the screen guard as well since it is a one time use thing.

also I found an "Easter egg" in the phone today when you go to settings>about phone> then tap android version number 3 to 5 times fast it brings up a zombie type drawing with the ginger bread man and the android logo

Upvote 0
Ok, I have one of the new replacement phones and either something is different or I forgot how to do this cause I usually use a Launcher.

So I haven't added an a Launcher to my new phone yet. I seem to be having trouble getting to my wallpaper section(live wallpapers in particular)

From what I remember you just push down on the screen for a few minutes and you get a pop up with some selections such as add widget, add folder etc.

If memory servers me well there is usually a wall paper option as well, but there is not one popping up. There are only four options available and they are 1.Add shortcut, 2. Add Widget, 3. Add Folder, and 4. Home settings.

What am I missing or forgetting? I could of sworn wallpapers should popup.

Anyhelp please:thinking:

Upvote 0
That's what I figured. It's odd that's missing. I'm pretty sure that it should be there and was even there on my last phone before i added the launcher.

I think this phone is just missing it for some reason.

Until I get a launcher, the only way I seem to be able to get to my wallpaper is by going to the store and loading a wallpaper. That takes me there.

Upvote 0
That's what I figured. It's odd that's missing. I'm pretty sure that it should be there and was even there on my last phone before i added the launcher.

I think this phone is just missing it for some reason.

Until I get a launcher, the only way I seem to be able to get to my wallpaper is by going to the store and loading a wallpaper. That takes me there.
Menu button doesn't bring up any options? Can you get to the pre installed wallpapers that come on the phone?

Upvote 0
I have a dumb question. I have service through Cricket and have had a Mercury for a year now. Aside from the call microphone making me sound like I'm talking with my hand over my mouth it's been fine. I've backed all my contacts to my google account. Just the other day I needed to sign in to the facebook app and it wanted to sync my contacts, since I've done that before I was ok with it. All my contacts got wiped and trying to re-sync my contacts through Settings>Accounts and Sync, have been unsuccessful. The worst part is when I try to manually input a contacts information I get "The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." Every time. Without fail. Can't create contacts, can't save numbers. Nothing. So I guess my stupid question is WTF?

Upvote 0
Hello username80, welcome to the Forums! :)

I was just cruising around and saw your post. I have not had the problem before but was reading about it here, Fixng The process android.process.acore has stopped working | PressByte

Hoping you can still find your contacts when you go online to gmail, they should be there. Maybe after you try the above they will re synch?

Another idea I have seen thrown around is doing a factory reset. Definitely back up anything important to you before you do that. :)

Good luck! I'd like to hear if you get it fixed!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones