• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help The [Official] WatchON Thread

Hi All , i've been trying to set up WatchOn on my S4 and when i've gone thru the set up like choose my country (UK ) and then TV broadcasting if thats right then select model of TV go to do the remote bit and it won't turn my tv on by finding any codes for it , i've got the Panasonic Viera TV ...would anyone know why this is also does anyone able to use this app ..
Thanks in Advance :)

Upvote 0
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 on T-mobile UK. I live in London, UK and I'm trying to use the WatchOn app which at the moment is an epic failure.

I have a UMC TV with Sky+ HD. I also had problems tuning this remote and I needed to upgrade the remote.

The TV model number is M19/28E - the Sky remote code is 2134.

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be extremely grateful :D as I'm probably going to smash the TV to pieces.

Thanks in advance.

Upvote 0
My HD channels are numbered by putting "10" in front of the standard definition channel number (for example, Channel 12 in standard def would be 1012 in Hi def. How do I add the hi-def channels? The remote only lists the standard def channel numbers even though I selected the correct channel lineup

Joesixpack: Have you tried looking at Menu, Edit Channels, then at the top "Resolution & Languages" then make sure both High Definition is selected as well as SD?

DaveSyd

Upvote 0
The minute Smart IR Remote - Samsung/HTC came back on the market, I bought it. It returned with a half off sale for $5 instead of it's usual $10. Controls everything from the air conditioner to the Xbox 360. I love WatchOn's guide but the remote irks me, especially since it doesn't properly input xx.x HD channels or let me control half the functions I need to use on my TV.

Upvote 0
Love this app. TV, Tivo, Sony a/v receiver, Roku, Blue Ray player - - controls them all from the phone. Only two limitations I have found.
1. I have 4 different devices input to the a/v receiver on 4 separate inputs. AFAICT the watchon setup only allows two inputs for the Sony receiver so I still have to use that giant Sony remote to swap inputs. (The blue ray player is configured to automatically set the input but I don't see this capability on the Roku.)
2. I have two Tivos in the same room. I cannot find a way to get watchon to control them separately as I can with my really old Tivo peanut remote with a 2 device slide switch.
If those two limitations could be overcome I could pack all those other remotes into a shoebox on the closet shelf.

Upvote 0
Tried setting up the phone as a remote control last night.

the phone was able to turn on the TV but was not able to sync the cable box to change channels. Went through each code but none worked. Send an email to Samsung with my model number but never heard back.

Anyone else have problems setting theirs up or can help?

I had the same problem. I sprang for the Smart Remote IR app and it works like a charm!

It sucks I had to pay for a feature that most others have for free.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones