1. In regards to recently combined carrier specific root forums, if your device forum was affected, please see this poll/thread!

The road to Android ICS 4.0 on the Triumph

1. isaacj87

isaacj87 Well-Known Member

Well, I've managed to boot up the ICS SDK on the Triumph. Obviously, nothing is working. The touchscreen doesn't work, but I'll be using the SDK as a way to test and work on it. As CM9 becomes more and more complete, it'll be much easier to port ICS. FWIW, here's some screenshots of the ICS SDK running on the Triumph:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

Good luck man! I know we are all really happy to have you working on this stuff and sharing it with us.
    zaphodbblx likes this.
  3. Austrie

Austrie Well-Known Member

Nice, I have my own ICS port too.
    xThatGuyZ and tusing like this.
  4. Gdibig

Gdibig Well-Known Member

Dear moderators, please sticky this thread!:p
    bradhoschar likes this.
  5. snail3

snail3 Member

thanks isaac for the development! looking forward for the awsomeness!!
  6. agentc13

agentc13 Daleks Über Alles VIP Member

There really isn't a need to sticky this until there is a fairly good working model available for download. The Mods usually don't even sticky ROM threads, just the root guide, and have a list of them there. Be patient, I'm sure this thread will be busy and towards the top without a sticky!
  7. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat Guide

This is gonna be an exciting next couple of months!! It's excellent that work has already begun to begin porting the touchscreen driver. :D
    bradhoschar likes this.
  8. TheBritton

TheBritton Resident Galaxy Cat Guide

I second this!! :)
  9. zachavm

zachavm Well-Known Member

Isaac, we are really blessed to have you working on the triumph. Thank you! Because of your, Tickerguy, and Austrie's work, we've got a great jump on things for when CM9 drops. I can't wait for that CM9 ICS goodness!!!

FYI guys, Please stick with VM!!! You can't beat $25 (or $35, depending on when you got in).
  10. cdtatum08

cdtatum08 Well-Known Member

This is going to be awesome!
  11. zachavm

zachavm Well-Known Member

FYI Isaac, if there are any minor tasks I can help out with, let me know. I'm an engineer, not a coder, but I've got a good bit of java experience.
  12. isaacj87

Oh, yeah? What's working on your port?
    ziddey likes this.
  13. isaacj87

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind once CM9 becomes ready enough to build.
    dsspain likes this.
  14. JohnnyCSx

JohnnyCSx Active Member

Awesome! Looking forward to this. You really have done a great job between CM7 and MIUI. I'm sure I speak for most MT users when I say we really appreciate it! Thanks, if you ever need someone to test new builds, be them alpha or whatever, feel free to say so!
    dsspain likes this.
  15. klown07

klown07 Well-Known Member

Already eh? Excellent. Good luck isaac!
  16. GreyCelt

GreyCelt Well-Known Member

I'm sooo excited about what's to come for this phone! I just bought it a week ago after coming from the Intercept. :eek:
    I would not have survived with that POS phone if it were not for the awesome DEVs like Isaac, b_randon, and Austrie!
    And now you're gonna get me some ICS love on my MotoTriumph...YOU GUYS ROCK!
    I can't wait...but I'll be patient. I just wanted to say thank you ahead of time!
  17. poler166

poler166 Well-Known Member

Its awsome to hear that there more Projects to come for this phone, Thanks Isaac you have been great help to this phone, and this community. You rock!
  18. what is this supposed to mean?? im quite curious...i thought we only had 2 resident genius coders here..

This isnt supposed to sound mean btw..im genuinely curious..who isnt right?! I mean..any old person can pull down someone elses git repo and build it..or even to make config on a kernel and build it...simple as pie..doing it for years now...but all of a sudden we have another coder who can port?!?
  19. tusing

tusing Well-Known Member

*hands out internets*
  20. haro138

haro138 Well-Known Member

**pulls collar one way and looks the other way
  21. isaacj87

There's a couple things you guys can take away from this. First, and probably the most important one, is that our kernel (2.6.32.9) works just fine. Obviously, the touchscreen doesn't work, but I believe I may have that working soon. There are probably other issues, but I can't test the SDK fully, yet. Secondly, ICS is definitely possible on the Triumph. I'm not sure there were any doubts on that, but it's on there and it comes up (albeit, it is the SDK).

One good thing is the CM device list contains a boatload of MSM7x30 devices (like ours). So, that generic code and configurations that were applicable to us in CM7. should be applicable to us in CM9. Tickerguy gave us a tremendous head start on the CM9 project. I don't doubt that most of the fixes found in CM7 can be applied to CM9.

Who knows? Maybe Motorola/FIH/Huawei whoever will be kind and release us an ICS update...
  22. this is cool stuff! VM did update the intercept to froyo way back when last year..which was quite unbelievable at the time!! maybe theyll surprise us again...something tells me that the homebrew roms will be out months before anything official though!

i dunno i guess odds are VM will just keep adding better and better phones which gets them off the hook so to speak for keeping the triumph updated..although for me...it doesnt get much better than the triumph..the dual and quad cores these days are quite the overkill..and id hate to see battery size and life on a dual core monster phone
  23. markboton

markboton Member

Is there someplace where I can donate money for this cause?
    djones1005 and bradhoschar like this.
  24. if u look at the first post (of the miui thread) i think there may be a link for donations? make sure you know who youre donating to though! you dont wanna donate to any posers that are riding on the backs of ppl who do the real work!
    ziddey likes this.
  25. eas014

eas014 Well-Known Member

If you were to get everything working would you realease it or wait for cm9?
    zachavm likes this.