• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Theme for Swype

What would a Windows themed Swype look like? Hmm..
swypewindows.png

Upvote 0
ok since I downloaded a theme for swype, it just force closes on me. I have tried as many options as I can think of. I can't even use the swype that I was using. I need some ideas to fix this. tried uninstall reinstall deleting swype off of my sdcard then reinstalled to sd. just force closes. I want swype even if it isn't a theme version. I didn't get swype off of the website. someone posted the file and I just drag drop and installed it. any ideas.

Upvote 0
Just wondering if this version(s) of swype will also have an expiration date...

Been using SwypeBlack from this thread and this morning I got a pop-up stating "Your trial period has ended"... :( I can still use the keyboard if I click each indiviual key but it won't allow me to swype. :(

What shall I do?!? .

Gonna try uninstall and reinstall and see if that works.

Upvote 0
I for one am boycotting swype... even if they release the full version for free or purchase on android market. Reason being, they used the Android Market for beta testing... FREE beta testing... and then once everyone is addicted to it... they pull it and inform everyone that all along they were planning on getting Swype used as OEM software on other phones. That completely sucks if you ask me. The decent thing to do would be allow the folks who ran and reported back for the Beta... to keep a full version of the app.

Upvote 0
I for one am boycotting swype... even if they release the full version for free or purchase on android market. Reason being, they used the Android Market for beta testing... FREE beta testing... and then once everyone is addicted to it... they pull it and inform everyone that all along they were planning on getting Swype used as OEM software on other phones. That completely sucks if you ask me. The decent thing to do would be allow the folks who ran and reported back for the Beta... to keep a full version of the app.

+1

Upvote 0

+1 +1.....just charge us the 5 bucks already! I know, I know me and Cable have gotten into this before....just.....geeeez.

Upvote 0
Or you guts could check out the "swype trial period ended wtf" thread and on the third page the is a link to the xda site and they're is another free swype with a more android like keyboard. My swype ended last night@1 am I found this one after searching a little and had it by 1:30 I know it sol works because I used it to type this.

Upvote 0
Here is the new 1.56 swype, english only. I used the old .png's to make it back to the blue and grey theme, however, the trail is still green and the pop up box is the default brown-ish color. Anyway, it works and looks standard, I will try to fix the rest of it later.

Link Removed By OfTheDamned

Edit: tracking issue might be fixed using the old .png's due to them being resized in 1.56, let me know!

Reactions: xx_bishop_xx
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones