• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TheUltimateDroid 2.0.0 !

As much as I like all the other roms I have tried lately I think I can stop flashing. I think I have found a rom that fits my phone perfectly. The battery life using slayers 800/125 ulv is great and the rom is slick smooth at 800 (as smooth as any other using a 1100 kernel). I wiped data,cache partition, and formated the boot 3 times each prior to install and it loaded up as quick as any other rom and has run without a glitch. Thanks Blackdroid! Donation sent.

Edit: got the camera problem mentioned on the other forum. It will not zoom until you take the first photo. The zoom works fine after that.

Edit 2:
I am having trouble getting the toggles to change and the brightness toggle settings in the user interface also.

Upvote 0
I did notice that. I assume it's a mistake (oversight) in the ROM. It's a 2.2.1 ROM, therefore, doesn't it HAVE to be FRG83?

You can change that value in the build.prop to whatever you want it to say. However, if it says anything other than FRG22D, then Verizon will try to push the OTA to you. At least that is how I understand it.

Kratos

Reactions: Poloki
Upvote 0
You can change that value in the build.prop to whatever you want it to say. However, if it says anything other than FRG22D, then Verizon will try to push the OTA to you. At least that is how I understand it.

Kratos

I read the first sentence and I was like cool imma make it say something funny but you ruined the mood with the sentence afterwards. just kidding.

Upvote 0
Can LP be updated on this version without installing another launcher, switching to it, removing LP, reinstalling, yadda yadda yadda?
You know, something easy like, press the update now button LOL.

Nope. This is because BlackDroid has installed LP in system>apps. The only way (as far as I know) to update LP is to do it like you said.

You may try moving to user data (not 100% sure on where market apps are installed) and trying it that way, but I cannot guarantee that this would work.

Kratos

Reactions: SinfulDragon
Upvote 0
Battery life is great for me and speaker phone is working without a hitch.(Don't run bluetooth so I cannot say) Running slayher/liquid 800/125 and it is buttery smooth. Camera has bugs and I cannot switch the brightness settings in the user interface.
The notification lights seem to be working also. Hard to move away from this one but I am sure I will bounce around as usual since there are so many great roms out there right now.

Upvote 0
Kratos I know I went through this before with Launcher Pro can you break down the steps without the yadda yadda. I looked for Yadda Yadda on the system and could not find it......;)

I thanked you because you just made me laugh so hard my coworkers started staring... LOL :D:D:D

Download and install another launcher. (I tried with ADW last time, but UD 2.0.0 didn't recognize it as the default, so I suggest trying Home++.) Once it is installed, hit your home button and choose the new launcher as the default (not really necessary, but better safe than sorry). Make a full system nandroid backup and backup you LP settings and homescreens before continuing with these instructions. Then use root explorer to navigate to system>apps, mount R/W, delete LP, mount R/O and reboot. Once you are rebooted, open market and download and install LP. Hit your home button and select LP as the default. Uninstall the other launcher and continue with your day.

Kratos

Reactions: tmcewan259
Upvote 0
Is there a free way to do this?

If you are talking to me, Home++ is free. I think root explorer is a paid app though. If you don't want root explorer, you can use Titanium Backup to delete apps. However, I'm don't know if you need the paid version of TiBU to delete apps.

Personally, I like root explorer better as you can verify the exact location of where you are navigating where as TiBU only shows you the app, but not the install location.

Kratos

Upvote 0
I used ADW.Launcher with 2.0.0, no problem. Just sayin...

I could never figure out what was going on, but the first time I tried this on 2.0.0, I did everything correctly and on reboot it showed the lock screen. When I unlocked my phone, it immediately went to the UD boot animation and wouldn't let me do anything else.

So, I restored my nandroid and when I hit the home button, ADW.Launcher and LP showed up. I checked in TiBU and the market and neither of them showed ADW.Launcher as being installed. I then looked under settings>applications>manage apps and ADW.Launcher wasn't listed there either. It was listed in my app drawer, so I used the drag and drop feature to uninstall it and tried again.

The second time I tried, it did the exact same thing as before. So, I just scrapped the ADW idea and used Home++ with no problems.

It just seemed really weird. But I mean any launcher would work just fine for this. As long as there is something to display your apps so you can get to the market, you can do this.

Kratos

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones