Support Think Anything Can be Done to Strengthen Vibrate?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jethro, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Wondering if there are any creative ideas/hacks/apps that can make the vibration on the Eris even a little more noticeable?!? I think it's fair to say this is a VERY weak vibration feature, and a lot of folks have a hard time feeling it vibrate when a call or notification comes in.

I'm assuming it's a hardware thing, but thought maybe there are some creative workarounds.

I really like most everything else about this phone, but I cannot feel it at all when it's set to vibrate, so I'll definitely be missing calls & texts when carrying it around on my belt (or even pocket) as it's usually in vibrate mode then.

Advertisement

2. Santinoirish

Santinoirish Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I couldn't agree with you more, and it could turn out to be a deal-breaker for the phone. I would love to hear any thoughts or suggestions.

3. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Argh. Missed a couple calls and texts today because I couldn't feel the vibrate at all. I actually 'heard' it finally as I was crouched down in a very quite office, but still did not feel it at all. As it is, I don't think I'll ever catch a call or text on vibrate mode. This is a problem!

- Anyone know if the vibrate is a hardware function?

- Could it 'theoretically' be slowed or have the oscillation frequency changed in some way to make it more noticeable?

- Any belt clip cases or holsters that you have found do NOT deaden the vibrate even more? I still need to get a proper case if I keep this, but I currently have a nice clip on faux leather case I'm using on the belt.

4. JLevin

JLevin Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Education
    Bergen County, New Jersey
    I'm having the same problem and this might force me to return it. I literally can't feel this thing vibrating at all. While I'm at work I can't have the sound on so I end up missing any and all important calls/texts/emails.

5. nickpapagiorgio

nickpapagiorgio Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    I'd like to know as well... Vibrate is pointless to have on this device because it's so weak...

6. Needsdecaf

Needsdecaf Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2009
    Northern VA
    Yeah, it really is pretty weak on this phone. Have to keep th!t in mind.

7. ImFlavaFlav

ImFlavaFlav New Member

Nov 26, 2009
    I also agree with everyone here. The software is good, but if I can't catch calls/txts then it is no good to me.

8. snorge

snorge Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    I thought vibration strength is something most if not all phones usually let you adjust. I am hoping they add it to the settings in an update. I would actually like to disable the vibration the buttons below the screen make. They feel too rough for me.

9. mss12

mss12 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I'm using dgalert classic and made my vibrate a constant 10 seconds...and I still cant feel it in my pocket. The vibrate feature almost makes this phone unusable..

10. W4LLY

W4LLY Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    NYC
    <insert dildo joke>

11. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Yikes, that's not good. Is dgAlert just for SMS/MMS messages? Can it (or anything else) customize the ringer vibrate?

I have an app for notifications called 'Missed Reminder' that allows totally customizable vibrate patterns, but I think it's still too soft, and this only works for notifications AFTER the original call/text.

I actually found a crazy bluetooth bracelet that you can wear that vibrates when you get a call, but this is pretty funky. I would be willing to carry around some small device like that in my pocket, though, if it was simple/cheap/compact. Anybody know of anything like this???

Thanks.

12. Santinoirish

Santinoirish Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Ok, I've made my decision, sadly, to return the Eris. I can't decide which was more of a deal breaker, the weak vibration or the terrible battery life, but they both drove me crazy. Back to the curve for now. Let's hope in 4-6 months there will be a better option out there. Went and played with the Droid only to confirm why I chose the Eris. HTC almost got it right...

13. swong46

swong46 Member

Jan 1, 2011
    bumping this for any way to make vibrate better