• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root thinking about rooting

Hello I'm new to the world of rooting and am thinking about making the jump.... Do you think that the program still works??
Thanks..

Welcome to the forums, DarthN8ter.

Be sure to have a look at http://androidforums.com/elite-all-things-root/520236-optimus-elite-all-things-root-guide.html if you haven't already.

In there you'll find rooting methods and custom ROMs for the rooted Elite. There are 5 method listed in there. Read around this All Things Root area for reports and opinions about the methods (some depending on which version you have ;)).

If you do decide to root, be sure to take the indicated steps slowly and carefully. :)

Reactions: DarthN8ter
Upvote 0
Hello I'm new to the world of rooting and am thinking about making the jump.... Do you think that the program still works??
Thanks..

Absolutely! My girlfriend just needed her OE re-rooted a couple of days ago. We're a community - if a method becomes outdated, we update it. Fortunately, any and all of the root method for this phone work just fine and will continue to, but be sure you read the directions very carefully :)

And, personally, I would recommend using Poot. Take a look around on the boards and, if after having gone through everything we have so far, let us know if you need something and someone will help you ASAP :)

-Artine

Reactions: DarthN8ter
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones