• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinking of buying one...

lolfranks51

Mar 19, 2013
So, I have a pretty old Android phone on Virgin Mobile and it's falling apart. I plan to stick with Virgin Mobile, but I definitely need a new phone. Now, the iPhone is a bit too pricey for what I want to spend, but the Samsung Galaxy S3 falls in my price range.

Is this a good buy? I really want the HTC One, but I don't think Virgin is going to have that any time soon. Is the Samsung S3 a good purchase?

IMO with its specs, even 2 years from now you should have absolutely no problem using this phone and doing whatever with it. A dual core with 2gb of ram is still pretty powerful.

As long as virgin doesn't go GSM like MetroPCS recently did, there's no reason why the s3's service could potentially be discontinued.
5months ago would had said virgin would never go gsm, nowadays that is looking possible.. if it happens soon the metro guys will have yalls back and boost too...

Upvote 0
5months ago would had said virgin would never go gsm, nowadays that is looking possible.. if it happens soon the metro guys will have yalls back and boost too...
Right, with sprint/softbank potentially buying out tmobile/metro, you can't rule anything out with virgin going GSM in the future.

In turn, if it happens I'd look forward to that. Increased speeds possibly, wider range of devices via unlocked GSM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones