• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

thinking of getting a droid phone but I have some questions

Hi everyone

Im thinking of getting a droid phone after using the same feature phone for 4 years. I currently have Verizon and I have been off contract for 2 years.

Im trying to get one at the lowest monthly cost possible.
Verizon has offered me a free month service for reupping to go with my 50 off a new phone. Or I can choose to add unlimited text ($20) and get 10 off my data plan a month.
What Im looking at
39.99 voice 450 min
5.00 250 texts
30.00 2gig data plan
74.99 total
then -7.60 for my wife's employer discount.

So Im looking at 67.39+tax monthly then 62.39+ tax once I drop texting.

after a month I was planning on dropping the texting in favor of some kind of app that does it for me.

Does anyone know of any cheaper way to go on Verizon?

Also Im torn looking at 3 different phones

Droid Incredible II by HTC
Droid XII, and the Droid 3

I cant seem to find a solid answer on what one to get. I played with them in the store and I liked the XIIs screen the best for typing and video quality The Incredible for looks and price and the droid 3 for having a keyboard (fat fingers) and an ok looking screen. So far Im leaning toward the droid 3.

But I havent heard the call quality on any of them yet:(

I know I cant get a future proof phone but I would like one that will have acceptable performance up to the contract renewal. ( my feature phone has lasted 4 years its a beast yo).

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. I hope someone can help me try to put it altogether. Its not as easy as I thought and I took 3 hours to pick out my last phone in the store.

HI, I am new here also. I just switched from the iPhone to the Droid. I did TONS of research and watched tons of reviews on the internet. I found quite a lot of complaints about the x2 so took that off my list. X3 didn't seem to be a whole lot better from what I could tell, but of course that's just based on what I found at the time.

The phone with the best reviews was the HTC Inc2. My other choice was the Charge, which is what I ended up with. Basically reviews said that the Inc 2 was better if you did a lot of web surfing as that experience is smoother. Lots of folks like the OS (Sense) as well. Charge has a bigger, brighter screen and does have less memory, but from what I could tell not too many people had much issue with that. I installed task killer to hlep control the memory drain.

I would loved to have played wtih the inc2 more, but the models in the store weren't working where I could easily access any of the screens. So I got the Charge.

Good luck

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones