• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root This one's a doozy...

I have spent well over 10 hours on my current problem searching forums for a diy answer with no luck. I am desperate for help.
I rooted my P769 (T-Mobile) as a first-timer (maybe not the smartest move), mainly because I was running out of serious space on my phone for apps. The rooting seemed to go fine. I then tried to flash the CyanogenMod, and that appears to be when the trouble came.

Current status:
1. I power the phone on normally or try to boot to recovery: LG screen with buttons flashing, then the t-mobile screen, then error: Sorry! Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone has stopped. I press OK, and I'm on a white screen with "Encrypting" and only a button that says "Reset phone". I can't do anything to leave this screen.
2. Once or twice when I powered up, the android guy with the ball rotating appeared after the initial LG screen, but then the LG screen appeared again, the t-mobile screen, then the same error message and encrypting/reset phone screen. So it got me nowhere.
3. Attempting to flash a new or original ROM has not worked because when I connect my phone via usb hub, my computer is not recognizing or communicating with it. I have tried two or three different usb cords and two different computer, and several different usb hubs.
4. I attempted to install new drivers, but it gives me an error message about it failing to install. I need my home computer to say exactly what that error message was, as I can't do any installing/uninstalling on my work computer.

The only other option I've read that I haven't tried yet is to use the SD card by inserting in my computer, loading the files on there, and then putting it back in my phone to see if that will work. I'm going to attempt this tonight but I don't have a lot of confidence at this point.

Does anyone have any other ideas or advice?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones