This web browser is driving me nuts

Last Updated:

1. timcity

timcity Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok here is my problem. I will use the browser for a minute or so then go send a few texts read a few emails or play a game or something then I hold the home button and go back to the browser app, which is 3rd or 4th on the recent app list, and it will auto refresh the page I was looking at just a few minutes ago. I've search all over the place hope this is some kind of option I can turn off but it isn't. Someone please tell me why google did this and or please devs find a fix to this because its driving me crazy.

I Just wanted to add that i love this phone and i would never go to another operating system
    i just did that last part via voice to text how cool is that

Advertisement
  2. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Not that I have an answer for you, but out of curiosity, are you finding the content of the page to be different after it refreshes?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. timcity

timcity Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ya it refreshes the page the same as if you hit the refresh button. Is anyone else having this problem?

4. RyanB

RyanB Guest

Yes, I understand what you're saying as I have experienced it myself. I asked what I did as some sites will auto refresh. If the page had different content after it was done (when compared to how you left it), this might be the case.

5. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

I think it has to do with memory, which we dont have much of. When you go do other stuff, android will steal the ram the browser has therefore making it have to refresh when you return to the browser

6. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

Try xScope browser. It's a nice browser and unless you clear your history or cache it will keep the last page you were viewing in tact.

7. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

I use Dolphin Browser HD and don't have these issues.

Kratos