• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thoughts After 3 Days ... & mini review

Er, no, its an objective difference, this is just plain fact I'm afraid. Whether it bothers you or not is subjective, if it doesn't, or you can live with it, then you're gravy because in all other respects this is the best screen out there.
i read from this review that texts were a tad fuzzy, so it wouldn't bother me one bit, so i guess im being subjective about it, right?

Upvote 0
The Samsung Galaxy S is my 4th phone in like 6 months. Here's some stuff that I didn't see mention which I'm sure others have experience. 1st really annoying item is your Contacts. Every single gmail contact I have shows up in Contacts when only my phone contacts should be displayed. I don't see any way of filtering this either. Yet when you are in the Messaging menu and want to send out a sms, pressing contacts, you are displayed with only your contacts with a phone number.

I can live with this annoyance.

Second, I have noticed that the phone can sometimes get in a loop of sorts making the phone heat up fast and lag out. Can't do anything unless you pull the battery. This problem may be related to Asphalt 5 but it happens.

Other than that, phone is pretty decent.

Upvote 0
The Samsung Galaxy S is my 4th phone in like 6 months. Here's some stuff that I didn't see mention which I'm sure others have experience. 1st really annoying item is your Contacts. Every single gmail contact I have shows up in Contacts when only my phone contacts should be displayed. I don't see any way of filtering this either. Yet when you are in the Messaging menu and want to send out a sms, pressing contacts, you are displayed with only your contacts with a phone number.

Second, I have noticed that the phone can sometimes get in a loop of sorts making the phone heat up fast and lag out. Can't do anything unless you pull the battery. This problem may be related to Asphalt 5 but it happens.

Have you setup your Contacts at Google.com\contacts?

Upvote 0

Other than setting up your contacts on your Google account you can tell the phone to only display contacts with phone numbers. That should remove all the unnecessary contacts.

The second problem is something I've never heard of, but I haven't downloaded Asphalt 5 either so it's quite possible that's the bad guy in the drama as you say.

Upvote 0
I didn't set up my google contact accounts on any of my other previous phones (Milestone, Liquid, and Nexus One), just popped in sim and synced and phone contacts showed up.

Phone is great but I find the fluidity of changing screens or between apps is not as smooth as the Android 2.1 implemented in the other phones.

Upvote 0
I didn't set up my google contact accounts on any of my other previous phones (Milestone, Liquid, and Nexus One), just popped in sim and synced and phone contacts showed up.

Phone is great but I find the fluidity of changing screens or between apps is not as smooth as the Android 2.1 implemented in the other phones.
Then it's just to add the setting that it should only show contacts with phone numbers.

I've had the opposite experience. The Android-phones I've compared with have been clearly more choppy when it's scrolling.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones