Thumb Drive and Android OS 2.3

Last Updated:

1. daystreet

daystreet New Member This Topic's Starter

Just got an CrystalView XT Android 2.3 Swivel Netbook Tablet at CVS on sale and have been working on it all day.

It was very cheap so I didn't expect a lot. I've managed to set up most of the items (e-mail, WiFi, etc.) I need but am challenged by one issue--and the tech support number is no help. (At least they answered the phone, unlike the last CVS netbook I got but they asked me to call them back if I figured out how to solve the problem.)

The issue is how to copy files from/to a USB flash drive. The netbook recognizes the USB flash drive and will read files that are on there. However, what I want to be able to do is to download a file on the flash drive, add to it (e.g., meeting notes) while using the netbook, then save it back to the flash drive and work on it on a Windows PC. Similarly, I downloaded Kingsoft Office but it only lets me save to the cache or the SD card (which I don't have) so I don't know if this is a software or hardware limitation. All of the steps I normally take with Windows computers (using Windows Explorer and dragging and dropping between directories/drives or right-clicking file names to get additional options for saving) are dead ends.

Any ideas on how to achieve this? Recommendations for a better free or inexpensive Word Processor that will let me accompish this?

Advertisement
  2. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Probably a limitation of the apps. You could try using a file explorer app, that can see the USB, and use that to copy and paste the files to the USB drive.