• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thumb Drive and Android OS 2.3

daystreet

Lurker
Dec 4, 2012
Just got an CrystalView XT Android 2.3 Swivel Netbook Tablet at CVS on sale and have been working on it all day.

It was very cheap so I didn't expect a lot. I've managed to set up most of the items (e-mail, WiFi, etc.) I need but am challenged by one issue--and the tech support number is no help. (At least they answered the phone, unlike the last CVS netbook I got but they asked me to call them back if I figured out how to solve the problem.)

The issue is how to copy files from/to a USB flash drive. The netbook recognizes the USB flash drive and will read files that are on there. However, what I want to be able to do is to download a file on the flash drive, add to it (e.g., meeting notes) while using the netbook, then save it back to the flash drive and work on it on a Windows PC. Similarly, I downloaded Kingsoft Office but it only lets me save to the cache or the SD card (which I don't have) so I don't know if this is a software or hardware limitation. All of the steps I normally take with Windows computers (using Windows Explorer and dragging and dropping between directories/drives or right-clicking file names to get additional options for saving) are dead ends.

Any ideas on how to achieve this? Recommendations for a better free or inexpensive Word Processor that will let me accompish this?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones