• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tips to sync contacts?

SpoonerPS3

Aug 5, 2009
Hi guys. How can I sync my contacts with my Google account? I was searching on my account but it shows only 3 contacts(that I've added since I have the phone). I have 103 total contacts but the other 100 where added with a different phone to the SIM.

Any help is apreciated, thanks!

Yes, I selected import contacts/import all/to phone. I have all my contacts on my phone. I also tried import contacts/import all/google, but no luck. Only contacts showing in Google contacts are the ones I added from my Magic. Also If I add another contact from Google contacts, it will show up on my phone almost instantly.

I'll just add my contacts again, but how can I remove them from my phone now that I've imported them all from the SIM?:eek: I see no option for that(Besides reseting the whole phone)!

Upvote 0
I'm not sure which phone you're working with but this is for the Dream.

you go to the contacts on gmail on the pc. under all contacts, select who you want to be sent to your phone. on the right side of the contacts on your pc select "Move to My Contacts." thats it. you just sit back and wait a minute or two. then go to your phone, "menu, data synchronization, contacts" wait a little bit more. then open contacts. that should be it.:)

as far as deleting, long select contact to be deleted, scroll to the bottom, delete contact.

Upvote 0

you go to the contacts on gmail on the pc. under all contacts, select who you want to be sent to your phone. on the right side of the contacts on your pc select "Move to My Contacts." thats it. you just sit back and wait a minute or two. then go to your phone, "menu, data synchronization, contacts" wait a little bit more. then open contacts. that should be it.:)

as far as deleting, long select contact to be deleted, scroll to the bottom, delete contact.

I think you misunderstood. He wants to sync FROM the phone. That means the contacts he had on his sim card which he now has imported to the phone. They are listed as "Phone contact" and they do not sync with the online google services. I have the same problem and it is very annoying.

It would be really nice to have a remote contact manager on your computer or something. Preferrably one that intergrates with the online google services.

Upvote 0

I am on a Magic. As I said, when I went to my contacts on Gmail(PC), only contacts that showed up where the 3 I've added from the Magic. All the other contacts that where on the SIM where added from a BlackJack 2 and I imported them, synced them, did a factory reset but no luck...they didn't showed up on Gmail(PC) but showed on the phone just fine.

Anyways, I just entered all my contacts on Gmail(PC) then did a factory reset and now all is synced like it should :p. Now if I add them either on my phone or on PC, they'll sync just fine.

But now I have another question. If I want to "export" the contacts from the phone or Google to the SIM?

Upvote 0
I think you misunderstood. He wants to sync FROM the phone. That means the contacts he had on his sim card which he now has imported to the phone. They are listed as "Phone contact" and they do not sync with the online google services. I have the same problem and it is very annoying.

It would be really nice to have a remote contact manager on your computer or something. Preferrably one that intergrates with the online google services.

Well, do what I did. Start over again!:p
Not the best option but works as it should now!

Upvote 0
I know it's too late for you now, but I just found a neat little app in the Market that does change all your contacts in to google contacts. It's called ContactSync, and worked perfectly. =)

Edit: And my phone is syncing nicely with gmail as we speak! :)

Ahh that's nice! Well, thanks for that! It may help others too. THis is a link for it:
Cyrket - ContactSync

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones