• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Touch screen doesn't work

baraisis

Lurker
Jan 30, 2013
Hi,

My Galaxy SII (international) touch screen doesn't work. The "Menu" and "Back" buttons are working and as well the hard buttons.

At the service place where I bought the phone, they couldn't do anything, they found some water in it and warranty doesn't cover that. Apparently it got some from humidity, because I don't recall dropping it into the water.

So I took it to another service shop where they could fix the phone, they didn't say much except that to fix it will cost almost the same amount as a new phone. I know that's a lot of bull, and there is another way.

So any ideas what to do? Will the problem be solved if I would just change the screen or I need to change something else? Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards.

Hi,

My Galaxy SII (international) touch screen doesn't work. The "Menu" and "Back" buttons are working and as well the hard buttons.

At the service place where I bought the phone, they couldn't do anything, they found some water in it and warranty doesn't cover that. Apparently it got some from humidity, because I don't recall dropping it into the water.

So I took it to another service shop where they could fix the phone, they didn't say much except that to fix it will cost almost the same amount as a new phone. I know that's a lot of bull, and there is another way.

So any ideas what to do? Will the problem be solved if I would just change the screen or I need to change something else? Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards.

Hello and welcome to Android Forums baraisis! :)

You do not mention which components are affected.

Water damage can result in progressive corrosion of the motherboard, causing some of the problems you mention, and from the brick bug damage that some rooted phones experienced last year, we know that that will cost you around

Upvote 0
Hi Baraisis (and other people who read),

Firstly I want to say that "Water damage" is a common trick to void your warranty/let it pay yourself. My mother had it too, but when she asked for the photo's of her phone, she get photo's of the same sort of phone, but it wasn't her phone.

I've got the problem too, but for me, it's the background who causes the problem. I think my GPU is too busy with the interactive background, that the touchscreen doesn't get any priority. If you have got an interactive background, wait until the background is at it's most inactive, and then try to unlock. when you've logged in, change the background to an image which doesn't move.

But unfortunately for me, i've selected a background which is always active.
Are there any options to change the background via an Windows-based device?

I've got a QWare TB-1317-HD

Thanks in advance,
WF100

Upvote 0
Hi Baraisis (and other people who read),

Firstly I want to say that "Water damage" is a common trick to void your warranty/let it pay yourself. My mother had it too, but when she asked for the photo's of her phone, she get photo's of the same sort of phone, but it wasn't her phone.
If you think they're pulling a trick like that, showing you pics of a phone that's not yours you might want to seek legal advice.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones