• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Touchscreen not working correctly

angiembfl

May 3, 2011
NE FL
After the last NC upgrade (I'm not rooted, yet) my touchscreen is laggy and sometimes unresponsive. I'm wondering if that's a software or hardware issue or if rooting and applying CM7 will take care of it? I really just need to jump on the bandwagon and do it. :eek:

Also, last time I checked into it seems like a lot of people were using a ROM called Phiremod but now everyone's on CM7. I'm not complaining because I love it on my DX. I'm just wondering is the other not as up to date?

It's common for a device to be laggy after an update. If it's still a problem after a couple days, then you probably have an app that's acting up. Did you try rebooting?

Another option would be to create a bootable sdcard and clear the caches on your stock rom and see it that fixes it. This is the same bootable sdcard you'd use to install a custom rom like Phiremod, Mirage, CM7 or CM9.

Finally, if you live close to a B&N store, you could complain to them about it and see if they have a fix.

Phiremod is a tweaked version of CM7 and the final version was created when CM7.1 final came out. Phiredrop has since dropped support for his rom and CM7 is pretty much dead except for the Mirage rom based on it. CM9 (ICS) is quite active, but you're going to find some instability or features broken if you use it. I use it on my phone and HP Touchpad and really like it.

If you do change to a custom rom, bear in mind that anything purchased from the B&N app store will not automatically be available for free from the Android Market since the two stores are incompatible. You might be able to contact the apps developer and arrange something tho.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones