• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help touchscreen stopped working? what to do?

ertpecs

Mar 28, 2012
Recently my touchscreen stopped working. The phone boots, recieves calls and texts fine, but I cannot unlock the phone or do anything to it. I tried hard reseting it, but I can't press the proper but to get it to wipe. I figured the digitizer was shot, so I ordered one this past Sunday. It showed up today and I installed it, but it still doesn't work. Any suggestions? I'm figuring that I SOL so if anyone needs a new screen/digitizer already installed on the front frame with a new ear speaker, lmk.

On a side note, I've been looking at upgrading phones and possibly switching carriers cause the data on vm sucks. I'm wondering how the 4g is on VM? Should I switch to TMobile to get decent coverage? Also I've been looking at a HTC EVO V 4G and the Samsung S2. Is there a reason that the forum on here for the S2 is basically non-existant? I like the s2 better than the evo but I like cyanogenmod so I guess I'm stuck with the evo?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones