• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help trackpad sleep wake

Right then, bought "widgetlocker", and no matter what i tried, could not get it to do what i wanted,all of the hard buttons woke the phone, not just the trackpad, even when i only selected "trackball wake", played around, still no joy. all the buttons woke the phone,
so uninstalled,

I've got mine set to trackpad and power button only. And... well... it works.
You sure you used the right settings?

Upvote 0
The right settings, oh,,,,all i did was select trackball wake and unselected the others, so i guess,all i wanted was trackball wake duh.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

sorry, english sarcasm

all i want is another way of waking along with the power button, the phone without any fancy lockscreen replacement or whatever, i would prefer the trackpad as the wake button as it is flat, so less chance of waking the phone accidently.

developers please note. a simple app that allows the trackpad and power button to wake the phone, thats it, no lockscreen replacement, lockscreen widgets etc.etc.

Upvote 0
Interestingly enough, I got fed up with WidgetLocker's 5 second rule thing crapping out on me occasionally (even though I have given it super user access, it glitches when I fast lock and unlock), and disabled it.
Anyway, I disabled WidgetLocker all together, yet my trackpad wake still works. I guess that is a separate feature from the lockscreen.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones