trackpad sleep wakeSupport

1. Roxolid

Roxolid Well-Known Member

is there any way to use the trackpad to wake the phone instead of the button on the top ?.
    (unrooted 2.2 desire)

Advertisement
  2. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

Yes you can wake the phone using this button by using an app called No Lock.
  3. kalfou

kalfou Active Member

Might be a stupid question but does this no lock app need to constantly be running in the background? Does it take up much memory?

Thanks
  4. snowmobile

snowmobile Well-Known Member

When I go into running services 'NoLockService' shows up and is listed as taking up 2mb. Why would this bother you?
  5. Lacrimosa

Lacrimosa Active Member

Widgetlocker.
    You can choose between buttons, not just the trackpad.
  6. rx93

rx93 Well-Known Member

+1 widgetlocker

You can also assign different wallpaper on lock screen.
  7. Roxolid

So does this answer my original question ?. i want to wake the phone up by some other means than reaching up to the power button on top.
    not remove or bypass the lock screen,.
    press any button on a G1 or hero is wakes up the phone, showing the lock screen, thats what i'm after......................
  8. Lacrimosa

Lacrimosa Active Member

Yes, download widgetlocker and enable any button unlock.
    You can choose to utilize a different lock screen as well, or you can just leave it as is.
  9. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

As has already been mentioned, either of the aforementioned apps will do the job for you.

I did read that 2.2 may include the option to choose your "wake" button, but this doesn't seem to have happened.
  10. Roxolid

Right then, bought "widgetlocker", and no matter what i tried, could not get it to do what i wanted,all of the hard buttons woke the phone, not just the trackpad, even when i only selected "trackball wake", played around, still no joy. all the buttons woke the phone,
    so uninstalled,
  11. Lacrimosa

Lacrimosa Active Member

I've got mine set to trackpad and power button only. And... well... it works.
    You sure you used the right settings?
  12. Roxolid

The right settings, oh,,,,all i did was select trackball wake and unselected the others, so i guess,all i wanted was trackball wake duh.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

sorry, english sarcasm

all i want is another way of waking along with the power button, the phone without any fancy lockscreen replacement or whatever, i would prefer the trackpad as the wake button as it is flat, so less chance of waking the phone accidently.

developers please note. a simple app that allows the trackpad and power button to wake the phone, thats it, no lockscreen replacement, lockscreen widgets etc.etc.
  13. Lacrimosa

Lacrimosa Active Member

Interestingly enough, I got fed up with WidgetLocker's 5 second rule thing crapping out on me occasionally (even though I have given it super user access, it glitches when I fast lock and unlock), and disabled it.
    Anyway, I disabled WidgetLocker all together, yet my trackpad wake still works. I guess that is a separate feature from the lockscreen.
  14. lerdeder

lerdeder Member

Since upgrading to gingerbread no combination of apps like lock screen, no lock or widget locker works for trackball wake. Hopefully something works soon.
  15. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

I assume there is no way of waking the phone with the trackpad for non-rooted handsets?

It's a feature I am missing since my phone returned from repair!