• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transferring contacts from Eris to Incredible

gabelogan99

Lurker
Mar 23, 2011
I just got my new Droid Incredible, upgrading it from the Driod Eris. All of my contacts are on my Eris, which is now deactivated and the Incredible is activated. I thought I would be able to transfer all of my contacts, but after signing into Google and syncing the phone, only ONE number was transferred. Ironically, it was the very first number I ever programmed into the phone.

Before I do everything manually, I wondered if there was any way to get the contacts from my Eris to go on my Incredible.

I'm utterly confused about all of this, have done several searches, and have come up with nothing. I'm guessing that because the Eris isn't compatible with Backup Assistant, there's nothing I can do.

Ok thank you so much for that information. I don't currently have my SD card (long story) but I think I'll just buy one and do the transfer and keep it in my Incredible so I never have to take the thing out of the otter box and apart again. Don't want to have to go through that too many times. I could always use an extra SD card I suppose. I could probably sell my other one considering that it's a class 6 16 GB card...

My next task will be unloading my Eris and setting it back to factory settings to get it ready to sell. How do I do that? Considering that it has a charger and snap case, what do you think I can get out of it? Verizon will give me about $30. I can get at least $50 for it, don't you think? It's also got a charger and I could even include the 16 GB SD card...

Paid $70 for the Incredible from Amazon Wireless. Shipping was fast. Paid an additional $30 for the otter box. Total is $100, which would have been the cost if I purchased just the phone from Verizon, and I should make at least half of that back I'm guessing. By the way, I waited and waited for it to be free from Best Buy again, but I couldn't wait any longer.

Upvote 0
You're a day late and a dolloar short there, Scorp. LOL. I made quite a discovery when installing the new 4 GB SD card that I bought tonight--that being that the new phone came with a 2 GB card which really isn't enough for me anyways but certainly would have done the job. I was just shocked that it came with one. I'm not the original owner of the Eris, but I also found out that there was an 8 GB card it it as well and I knew that I had just forgot about it. I'm wondering if the Eris originally came with that card?

But really, it's not a big deal. I guess one can't have too many SD cards. I'll probably just sell the Eris with the 8 GB card--that seems like it'd be a good selling point.

First impressions of the Incredible is that it's going to be very easy to "get used to" and that it's a very good phone. And yes I had the option of buying the iPhone, but I've used a Touch and I really like these Droid clones of the iPhone better. Free navigation app is what really did it in for me, honestly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones