Tried flashing newest BB, lost 3G

Last Updated:

1. Rodeojones

Rodeojones Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I attempted to flash Pete's newest Froyo build. Did a wipe of data/cache, but my phone said the file was bad. Now for some reason I don't have 3G service. I've flashed every nandroid backup I had saved but I can't get it back. Any idea how I might be able to fix this?

Advertisement
  2. Gunner

Gunner Well-Known Member

Do you have 'No Service' or just no 3G service? I would flash to a known good backup, and maybe update to a newer baseband. There is a 2.2 Froyo build under Stock Images in ROM Manager.

3. Rodeojones

I have service, just no 3G service. Although now I'm getting x1. I've flashed every backup I have (all were good builds with good service). Every backup I have comes with no 3G coverage.

4. Rodeojones

Got it back. Rebooted the phone, then turned on/turned off airplane mode. For some reason 3G started back up after this. Crisis averted!

5. SirVilhelm

SirVilhelm Well-Known Member

After a day of good service with the newest baseband I lost 3g. Nothing I try gets it back.

6. condog

condog Well-Known Member

i updated to the newer baseband last night and as of now i have no 3g and crappy regular service. i have tried restoring to old backups with no success.

7. ilmar72

ilmar72 Well-Known Member

Whenever a new rom and especially new baseband. Do *228 option 2 then reboot. I usually do option 1 first as well but I'm not sure if that's always necessary

8. condog

condog Well-Known Member

my 3g is back. my roommate had connection issues with his touch pro 2 and everything seems to be good again. hope it stays that way

nvm still screwed

9. PDR

PDR Well-Known Member

I'm in the same boat, flashed bb, wifi worked but when i turned it off I lost 3g, none of my backups will fix it.

10. PDR

PDR Well-Known Member

Ok put phone in airplane mode then powered off, powered back on and it works, what gives?