• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Trouble connecting Captivate to computer

NolaCap

Lurker
Feb 16, 2011
I've had the Captivate since November, but I've just now tried to connect to my computer. After reading through this forum, it appears that many folks have had the same problem. However, I have yet to find a solution. I've read many a thread about trouble with Kies and other methods of connecting to a computer. I downloaded Kies mini v 1.0.0.11014_6 tonight, but that has not proven to do anything at all. When I connect, it does nothing. Indeed, when I try to open Kies, it starts for a moment, then goes blank.

I also switched to Mass Storage and my phone now charges, but it does not otherwise show up on my computer. I am running Windows XP Service Pack 3.

I sure would like to move some pictures to my computer, but it isn't going to happen unless I can figure out how to connect to the computer.

Any suggestions?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones