Trouble Installing AppsSupport

Last Updated:

1. detroitwhiteboy

detroitwhiteboy Active Member This Topic's Starter

A few weeks ago I did a factory reset on my phone. Everything worked well, except now when I try to reinstall some apps (Angry Birds, for example), it fails. These are apps that I had on my phone before the reset, and I have tried to reinstall them more than once with the same result every time. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Advertisement
  2. HomelessDepot

HomelessDepot Well-Known Member

Hmm, I'm wondering if you can give us a little bit more info.

When you say the app install 'fails,' what does that mean? Does the Market app close? Does it spit out an error? Did they install OK a few weeks ago after the reset, and only recently start causing problems?

Are there ANY apps that download and install fine?

-HD

3. DCDD85

DCDD85 New Member

Hi I'm having a similar problem. I have not done any resets to my phone but I recently completed and update about a week ago or so. I am new to the Android OS but from what I can tell there is no error message in the GUI when the install fails. The notification bar shows that the install was 'unsuccessful' Is there a way to see an error report? Maybe an app? I can sometimes get the install to work after trying a few times. Angry Birds is also an app that will not install for me as well. Any help is appreciated!

Dominic

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

Try removing your sd card and installing.

5. HomelessDepot

HomelessDepot Well-Known Member

You may want to try installing over Wifi if you haven't already. A factory reset may fix the problem, but obviously that entails backing up contacts/app data/whatever else you want to save. Things on your SD card should be left untouched. I've hard reset a number of times

There may be an Android error log of some kind, but I'm not aware of it. Many apps have their own error dump, but I don't know if there's an encompassing, OS-based one.

-HD

6. DCDD85

DCDD85 New Member

I removed the SD card and I was able to install Angry Birds. I then put the SD card back in to the phone and tried another app and it was unsuccessful. Does this mean that the SD card is corrupted? Should I format it? I checked the amount of space I have on the SD card and I have about 1.8 GB so I know its not a space issue. I though that by default the apps installed on the internal phone memory.