• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help trouble transfering files from phone to pc

gordonie

Aug 16, 2011
TX
hello everyone!

I have the samsung infuse on android 2.2, and a newly built pc running windows 7 ultimate.

I would like to pull all the pic, videos, recordings and music off my phone and onto my 2tb drive to free up some phone space, however, I am having trouble doing so.

I connect the phone via micro usb to usb and click the turn on usb file transfer button on my phone, but when I go into my computer I cannot find the phones hard drive at all, like its not even recognizing it.

So then I tried using blutooth, which my asus z68 mobo has, and I can find the phone, pair it np, but when I browse the phone all the file FOLDERS are there but all the media, contacts absolutely everything is invisible.

I had an old laptop which had np problem doing this, but since it cratered, well...

so any ideas? Do I need drivers for my pc or something?

thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones