• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trying to Run Nexus 10 Toolkit.. Custom Recovery Choice ??

Thank you... I now have chosen that and choice 8 yet it goes no further than for the last 35 minutes.. "waiting for device".

It's been a while since I used it and but I know I didn't use that step. Waiting for device just means that the toolkit can not detect your device. Did you enable the USB debugging before proceeding? I can't run every steps because I'm already rooted. The notes before beginning say:

TO ENABLE USB DEBUGGING IN JELLYBEAN 4.2 GOTO SETTINGS, ABOUT PHONE AND TAP ON THE
'BUILD NUMBER' TEXT 7 TIMES UNTIL IT SAYS YOU ARE NOW A DEVELOPER. YOU CAN NOW SEE
DEVELOPER OPTIONS IN THE SETTINGS SCREEN TO ENTER AND ENABLE USB DEBUGGING.

Upvote 0
It's been a while since I used it and but I know I didn't use that step. Waiting for device just means that the toolkit can not detect your device. Did you enable the USB debugging before proceeding? I can't run every steps because I'm already rooted. The notes before beginning say:

TO ENABLE USB DEBUGGING IN JELLYBEAN 4.2 GOTO SETTINGS, ABOUT PHONE AND TAP ON THE
'BUILD NUMBER' TEXT 7 TIMES UNTIL IT SAYS YOU ARE NOW A DEVELOPER. YOU CAN NOW SEE
DEVELOPER OPTIONS IN THE SETTINGS SCREEN TO ENTER AND ENABLE USB DEBUGGING.

Indeed I enabled USB Debugging before I started... on the main menu it showed the serial # that is on the sticker on the back of the nexus 10 so I assumed the drivers were loaded.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones