Trying to Run Nexus 10 Toolkit.. Custom Recovery Choice ??

Last Updated:

1. 4ubest

4ubest Well-Known Member

I do not know which Custom Recovery Option to choose.. Clockworkmod or TWRP ?

Advertisement
  2. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky Well-Known Member

I have only used TWRP lately on all my devices. It works very well. It has nice big buttons that makes it easier to select options.
  3. 4ubest

4ubest Well-Known Member

Thank you... I now have chosen that and choice 8 yet it goes no further than for the last 35 minutes.. "waiting for device".
  4. chiph411

chiph411 Well-Known Member

I second the motion for TWRP. Seems to be much easier to use for me and the large selection buttons do help:)

Chip
  5. Droid_Junky

It's been a while since I used it and but I know I didn't use that step. Waiting for device just means that the toolkit can not detect your device. Did you enable the USB debugging before proceeding? I can't run every steps because I'm already rooted. The notes before beginning say:

TO ENABLE USB DEBUGGING IN JELLYBEAN 4.2 GOTO SETTINGS, ABOUT PHONE AND TAP ON THE
    'BUILD NUMBER' TEXT 7 TIMES UNTIL IT SAYS YOU ARE NOW A DEVELOPER. YOU CAN NOW SEE
    DEVELOPER OPTIONS IN THE SETTINGS SCREEN TO ENTER AND ENABLE USB DEBUGGING.
  6. 4ubest

4ubest Well-Known Member

Indeed I enabled USB Debugging before I started... on the main menu it showed the serial # that is on the sticker on the back of the nexus 10 so I assumed the drivers were loaded.
  7. Droid_Junky

Running out of ideas on my end. That option says its for fastboot mode? is the tablet in fasboot mode?