• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Trying to upgrade my Android to 2.3.5 but not working

I have an HTC Chacha, Android 2.3.3, after rooting I received a msg that system software update to Android 2.3.5 is available. I downloaded it and it offers to install it, when I click ok, it takes me to CWM recovery but then gives me this error:

E: can't mount SDCARD:download/OTA_Chacha_S_Cingular_US_2.14.502_R-1.23.502.1_release_248619vexii1vm988w1oh8.zip
Installation aborted.

if I try the Install Zip from sdcard option, it gives me :
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Veryfying update package...

I then get this error message:

E:failed to verify whole-file signature
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

Note that when I installed Link2app and after repartitioning my 8Gb SD card (1Gb partition as second partition) and enabled swap, it asked me to specify the partition I want to use, the only option that worked was ext3, as ext2 ex4 and Fat didn't work so I went with the option that worked. (I hope I remember this right it might be the ext2 that worked, I am not sure, but I remember it was ext3)

Any idea who can I make this update work?

Thank you in advance.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones