• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root TU Android Update 2.3.6

The thing I am wondering about now is that a lot of us are having issues with the WiFi not working, like me. Except the WiFi will ONLY work on google.com or any of it's tabs on the mobile page. So figure that one out! Also I Odin'd back to 2.3.4 and I noticed my touch screen works like a dream! Not sure if it has to do with it carrying over something from the 2.3.6 update, since I only flashed the recovery, kernel, and system images to it. But the WiFi works fine on 2.3.4 and now my touch screen is MUCH better, still have those pesky CIQ's though!!! So I'm sticking with that until interdpth has a working Odin flash for it. I mainly wanted the update for the screen fix since it use to make playing draw something a pain in the arse! So now it's time to hurry up and wait, like the rest of you :call:

Upvote 0
It won't install. It fails the signature check 10% of the way through and when I try it without sig checking it still fails. Please help.

Do you have CWM (clock work mod) installed on your phone? If you have that, you can't install it until interdpth creates a CWM version of the update. If you're really itching to update, follow my instruction on how to Odin your phone back to stock, and then update it from there. These instructions can be found above! Be warned though, having WiFi isn't guaranteed with 2.3.6.......

Upvote 0
Yeah I have cwm installed like most of us on these forums. I was thinking it might be a problem with cwm and was planning on odining back to stock and trying to install from stock recovery. It could also be that I have the sprint version of the phone...

Oh didn't see that part. It won't install with cwm. Okay yeah so what I thought was right. Thanks for confirming what I thought.

Upvote 0
Also I Odin'd back to 2.3.4 and I noticed my touch screen works like a dream! Not sure if it has to do with it carrying over something from the 2.3.6 update, since I only flashed the recovery, kernel, and system images to it.:call:

Funny think I installed bobs kernel with the touch screen fix. Decided to remove it since I was going to try and odin my phone to stock to get the update and when I restored my phone with a stock backup I had my touch screen still works fine as well. I think also since the screen works well still I will just wait for a cwm update as well. Just wish I understood the screen working so well.

Upvote 0
Can anyone help? My ID shortcut on the bottom of my homescreen doesn't change from white to orange like my wife's does and pretty much everyone I speak and this this is after updating to 2.3.6. My phone was rooted on 2.3.4 and before I updated I forgot to delete superuser.apk, so it showed up in my apps after the update and I could not get rid of since my phone was no longer rooted. I now just tried panaphobic tutorial in hopes that I could fully unroot the phone and re-update it and my ID logo would flash the white and orange. What's wrong with my phone. Is that something I can fix? Please help

Upvote 0
Can anyone help? My ID shortcut on the bottom of my homescreen doesn't change from white to orange like my wife's does and pretty much everyone I speak and this this is after updating to 2.3.6. My phone was rooted on 2.3.4 and before I updated I forgot to delete superuser.apk, so it showed up in my apps after the update and I could not get rid of since my phone was no longer rooted. I now just tried panaphobic tutorial in hopes that I could fully unroot the phone and re-update it and my ID logo would flash the white and orange. What's wrong with my phone. Is that something I can fix? Please help
id sagest waiting till inerdepth comes out with the odin image in a day or 2

Upvote 0
OK so check this out. My phone has been real glitchy over the last few days so I finally had enough this morning and figured what the hell. So I did the ota update and waited for my phone to turn back to the lame thing that is the stock tu. Funny thing is nothing happened! I'm still rooted, $hevron 5.3 is still there (even though it doesn't show up in about phone), bobs kernel is still there. Android version is 2.3.4. I'm really confused on this one. When I went to system updates in setting it shows that my phone is up to date. I'm not having any problems right now, just curious is all. Trying to understand these fickle devices a little better.

Upvote 0
Did same, but now my GPS system is not working. No apps that use GPS will work. Don't know what to do to fix this....

OK so check this out. My phone has been real glitchy over the last few days so I finally had enough this morning and figured what the hell. So I did the ota update and waited for my phone to turn back to the lame thing that is the stock tu. Funny thing is nothing happened! I'm still rooted, $hevron 5.3 is still there (even though it doesn't show up in about phone), bobs kernel is still there. Android version is 2.3.4. I'm really confused on this one. When I went to system updates in setting it shows that my phone is up to date. I'm not having any problems right now, just curious is all. Trying to understand these fickle devices a little better.

Reactions: CellBlock420
Upvote 0

id sagest waiting till inerdepth comes out with the odin image in a day or 2

Thank You. So I'm guessing that is not uncommon? Is there anything else that might of been negatively effected that I have not noticed?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones