1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Turn by turn navigation (help)

Last Updated:

1. darksk1n

darksk1n Member This Topic's Starter

ok BESIDES GOOGLE MAP!! Is there a turn by turn navigation that ACTUALLY SPEAKS?? My friend's friend had it on her mytouch and Im curious to know WHAT APP IS THAT:confused:? Are there any apps u guys know with turn by turn navigation with VOICE?? HELP PLEASE! I JUST MOVED 2 FLORIDA AND I HAVE GOTTEN LOST TWICE!!! :eek:

THANX!!

Advertisement
  2. TheBiles

TheBiles Well-Known Member

Sprint Navigation does.

3. darksk1n

OH i forgot to include...I HAVE A MOTOROLA CLIQ WITH TMOBILE...SO UR SPRINT WONT HELP ME!

4. njKeever

njKeever Well-Known Member

Wow man, easy with the caps. I can't help with your question, but trust me, people will be more likely to help if you are courteous.

5. darksk1n

The caps mean nothing to me. To some it means "screaming" or what not. Dnt be so quick 2 assume....you cant tell a persons emotions over text. I USE CAPS 2 GET MY POINT ACROSS..im not YELLING at anyone....smh

6. DarkTLRrider

DarkTLRrider Well-Known Member

Your click should have Telenav preloaded on your phone. It is $9.99 per month which is a little high. I used this on my G1 for almost a year. It is pretty good. There are other options in the market. Keep in mind the Click will be updating to Android 2.1 in the second quarter of this year. You will then be able to get the latest version of google maps which has turn by turn voice navigation. So you can wait till the update or cough up some cash.

7. blackvyper

blackvyper Well-Known Member

The ignorance of some people.. complaining over NOTHING and then not offereing you ANY worthy advice. On the other hand I AM here to help. You can try CoPilot Live 8 or Igo MyWay.. I have both! They both speak and give you turn by turn directions... each has it's ups and downs. I have used CoPilot for months but recently used Igo MyWay when driving to the Czech Republic from Germany. It worked flawlessly! Incidentally they both work in the US as well.

8. MonkeyK

MonkeyK Well-Known Member

Flipping the bird means nothing to me. It's just my little way of saying "hi".

A lot of people hit me when I say "hi".

MinConst and Mama Luigi like this.
  9. MarkHirt

MarkHirt Guest

You could try Wase, maybe it's gotten better

10. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

The Mytouch has Google Nav beta, so that's probably what she was using.

Cliq = 1.5
    MyTouch = 1.6

11. timmyjoe42

timmyjoe42 Well-Known Member

Waze has gotten much better in the past 3 months and includes turn by turn directions. I recommend using it.

12. 28064212

28064212 Well-Known Member

Everyone who posts wants to get their point across. Do it without caps, your questions are no more urgent than anyone elses'. Caps are harder to read, and are universally taken to represent shouting on the internet. It makes it that less likely that someone will help you. If caps mean nothing to you, then respect that they do to most people.

To answer your question, CoPilot Live is an excellent GPS app with turn-by-turn and voice instruction. It costs $34.99 on the Android Market for the USA version. There are free alternatives, but generally speaking, especially when it comes to GPS apps, you get what you pay for

13. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

It's ironic that you apparently need to look up the meaning of the word ignorant. It doesn't mean what you think it does.

14. njKeever

njKeever Well-Known Member

Maybe he was referring to my inablility to answer the OP's question, which I guess by definition is ignorance. :)