• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TV Services, Streaming, Sports (with Rant)

spb21

Jul 29, 2010
I recently learned that Dish Network is working on a slingbox style beta - I'm a Dish customer so Woohoo! I had been thinking about a switch to U-Verse, but this news brought me back in the other direction (staying with Dish). That, and the AT&T rep I dealt with was so dumb I actually felt sorry for him. And AT&T has about a 6 week backlog on installations in my area.

Then Dish gets in a fight with Fox and they have lost the Region Fox Sports channels that carry 75% of the college games I'm interested in. So even If I could watch programming from my phone/pc , I can't watch the programming I would want.

I'm really pissed about having to find another place to watch the game on Saturday. They cost me a night in the doghouse. :mad: (Ok, just a minor rant). I'm thinking about switching services.

I'm interested to hear what others have to say about U-Verse - does anyone know if they are working on a slingbox style service? Is there a way to deal directly with tech savvy people at AT&T in finding out about it?

Does anyone else care about the Fox v. Dish feud (I think they are both acting like children)? Is it enough to cause you to leave Dish?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones