TVCatchUp goes live for Android!!!

1. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

3g is generally 3.something mbs. Yes Orange have H but it appears as 3g+ for branding purposes
  2. humma78

humma78 Active Member

No joy here on Vodafone through H works on Wi fi I guess Vodafone is blocking this as I also cant access Yamgo through H also. :(
  3. Nestacres

Nestacres Active Member

I've just got this flash is not supported? Any one else had this?
  4. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Was upstairs at home 36mbs WiFi. Weak signal. Downstairs 54 LQ ok. HQ crisp pic but out of sync and unreliable. No joy on H but yamgo usually fine (but poor quality)
  5. Bunjiweb

Bunjiweb Well-Known Member

Are you sure you are using TVCatchup Mobile ? Otherwise try making sure that you have 'load mobile version' enabled in settings.

Ben
  6. ifb-online

ifb-online Well-Known Member

Not yet tried it on mobile data yet, but over wifi here at home it's very impressive. My only niggle is that the picture is laterally squashed slightly. I can live with that though, so very impressed so far.

Ian
  7. ifb-online

ifb-online Well-Known Member

Actually that's not true. For example, Some T-Mobile customers only get 384Kb/sec data rate. There are plenty of articles that show the rates networks let ther customers enjoy varies considerably.

Ian
  8. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

Just tried on my Desire (T-Mobile, unbranded, connected via WiFi and it wouldn't load any channel (HQ or LQ) that I selected.

Did find it quite funny that on an on-demand, CATCH UP service, they have ITV2 and ITV2+1 (along with other +1 stations)
  9. bonerp

bonerp Well-Known Member

having discussed this with vodafone they say they are not blocking it on 3g. Personally I think this is bollox because it works fine on wifi.

They gave me 2 months free vodafone live TV subscription. That doesn't work either!!!
  10. wavemeister

wavemeister Active Member

Just tried it now on BBC1, wow really impressed. Watching football on 3G (HSDPA) :D
  11. alan hanson

alan hanson Well-Known Member

cant get it to work just says not found
  12. slatyford

slatyford Well-Known Member

Try this:

hhtp://m.tvcatchup.com

worked for me
  13. Havoc

Havoc Active Member

Only works in the UK, according to the website
  14. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Member

I managed to get into it AFTER the first World Cup match, and BEFORE the second one. I guess loads of people were using it during the games! LOL

Also, apparently, at present, it DOESN'T work over wifi on the HTC Desire, but works over a 3G/EDGE/HSDPA
  15. dunbad

dunbad Well-Known Member

Well I just tried this on my unbranded desire on o2. It tried it on wifi and it was, well, bad! The picture quality was pants in low or high quality. And the sync was out. Unwatchable really. Havent tried on H yet, but the quality was better on yamgo which ive never rated. I hope this us just a glitch because on the iphone it kicked ass.
  16. slatyford

slatyford Well-Known Member

works over wifi for me
  17. QuietStorm

QuietStorm Member

To be fair, I haven't tried since the football finished. But it was a common problem, apparently. I'm gonna try again later.
  18. tanbe174

tanbe174 Well-Known Member

Works now for me both wifi and 3G/HSPA. Though I noticed that it's written iphone on the address. :confused:
  19. Bunjiweb

Bunjiweb Well-Known Member

Bizarre that the results are so mixed. I've had it not connect first time on a couple of attempts but the picture quality is fantastic on my Desire over wifi.

Ben
  20. ktradx

ktradx Active Member

Wow this is wicked!!!!!!!!!!
  21. Dudditz

Dudditz Well-Known Member

Can't get it to work on WiFi or H on T-Mob...
  22. beardyweirdy

beardyweirdy Active Member

Have you tried clicking on the expand button?
    Whilst the stream is playing, a gentle press on screen brings up a progress bar at the bottom. Click on the button with four arrows in the bottom right of the screen and it fills the width of the screen properly. Still looks slightly squished after doing this, but much less noticeably.
  23. ou7shined

ou7shined Well-Known Member

Brilliant thanks.
  24. The_Hawkster

The_Hawkster Member

Well this is a tad frustrating, I've now tried Beebplayer, Myplayer, Yamgo and tvcatchup on my Desire via Wi-Fi and none have yet to work, both tvcatchup and Yamgo say that I'm "unable to connect to server" and Myplayer says to make sure that my server or firewall aren't blocking port 554, I've got a D-Link router and gone through the steps of port forwarding to no avail, I'm also on Virgin Broadband and I've tested the aforementioned on a friends Orange Broadband and they all work fine so am I right in thinking that this is a Virginmedia problem? Is there anything I could do apart from possibly eating away at my o2 PAYG balance via 3G/H?

Any help would be grateful. :)
  25. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member

I'm on Orange, works fine over wifi and 3G network on both high and low quality. No settings needed to be changed!

Loving this web app soooo much, thanks for the heads up guys! Any ideas if/when this will ever become an actual downloadable app? This kinda reminds me of the days when I used to have my 1st gen iPhone and all we had were web apps!